Sunday, July 01, 2007

Pool House Day 9...

So I returned that trencher today, but I left a few 'short' runs thinking, "Oh, I can just dig that by hand." WOW!! GREAT thinking Matt!! No, a 'short run' is still brutal manual labor!!

I started running the gas pipe today, got about half of it run then it started raining, THANKFULLY!!! I was pretty tired! I'm running the water line and the gas line in the same trench though, so hopefully I'll have both run tomorrow... I'm starting to think, "Matt, there is a pool at the YMCA that you pay a monthly membership fee to, why not just use that pool? Oh yeah, we haven't gone in months because we decided to build our own pool!" :(


The guys went over to spend the night with one of their friends, the girls came up and wanted to know what I was doing... I told them, "I'm about to go take a shower, I'm DONE for today!" :)

8 comments:

Matthew said...

If you are wondering what that orange paint is inside the pool house, I had to mark out where all the drains were, once they pour the concrete, it's a BITCH to change it then... :)

Matthew said...

Yes, I know the deck lumber is STILL sitting where they delivered it in APRIL!! :)

Matthew said...

Hey, I'm only ONE man!! :)

Petra said...

Yeah that's a lot of projects going at once. lol - did you ever finish the entertainment center and inside trim? :)

Matthew said...

Umm... That would be a BIG NO there Petra! I hired Joe to finish the trim inside, he is almost done. The entertainment center is nearly done, just have to fix that outlet thing... :)

I'm running up against deadlines on the pool, so have been concentrating on that... I'm actually holding the pool company up now, but whatever! I can't wait to go to California, I NEED the break!! :)

Titus said...

not long now...

it does seem to me that the closer a project gets to being done, the less i want to do it.

and the manual labor thing, i'm with you a 100%!

Jackie said...

yes, you goodling men, like to take on many projects!! :D

Matthew said...

LOL Jackie!! :)