Sunday, July 08, 2007

Major Milestone!!

I MADE it to the house with the power, cable, phone and ethernet!!

What a CHORE!!


Just to give a perspective of how I had to run it. Well, just follow the dirt, then up underneath the pool deck and back behind it to the pool equipment, it's about 140 feet, through roots, rocks, etc...

The gas line and water line are not far behind, I've got about 3 more feet to go to get to the house with those. I had to quit though for the day, I'm OVER it! I'll NEVER do anything like this again. I will pay WHATEVER it cost to have someone else do it for me! Live and learn I suppose!

8 comments:

Matthew said...

Of course now I have to drill holes through the brick and concrete to get into the garage! SIMPLE tasks though compared to getting the damn things to the house from way up by the pool!

Matthew said...

Yeah, I DO know that window is broken btw... :) One of the kids broke it, but it hasn't been a HUGE priority to replace it, I've got WAY too many other things that are more important!! :)

Titus said...

lol. priorities are a must! good to see you made it to the house!

Joshua Goodling said...

I guess you won't be starting any new projects for a while, huh? LOL

Good you finally got the stuff to the house!

Matthew said...

Who knows Joshua? I should be fairly well rested upon returning from CA, so I suppose ANYTHING could happen! :)

Tim said...

Hi :)

Petra said...

Uh Josh - he still has the deck, the inside trim, and of course - finishing the pool house. lol Of course - I'm willing to start bets that he'll start doing something like re-roofing or re-paving the driveway before he finishes those projects. ;) :)

p.s. Glad you made it to the house!!! :) I'm sure that's a major relief!!!

Matthew said...

LOL Petra! To be fair though, I DON'T have to finish the trim inside, because I hired Joe to do it!! Yeah though, I DO have a TON of other unfinished projects that remain though... I am however, notorious for starting new ones about when I get to the stage where the 'old' projects become tedious! :)