Thursday, July 26, 2007

San Fran At Night...

WOW! So Carolyn, Cory and Jessica decided to go out and do some shopping once we got back and the kids and I stayed at the hotel... The kids tired of that rather quickly and wanted to get out. I figured, why not?? Tanner didn't bring a jacket, so I figured this would be a good time to run over to Old Navy and get him one. There are SO many characters out there on the streets of San Francisco, you can't really even make it up. People asking for a dollar, a quarter, spare change, a cigarette, whatever... Of course I'm like, "No, give me a freaking dollar, are you nuts??" Most of them just look at me and move on though, I guess it's evident that I'm NOT interested, period...

You can't really tell the percentage of freaks out there from this pic, but it's the only one I took. I was too busy keeping track of where my kids were in relation to the weirdos out there...

So we got Tanner his jacket, went to the Apple store and a few other places and then grabbed some Burger King and headed back to the hotel... It STILL mystifies me what the allure of this city is... Seems to attract a lot of people though... It IS fun to visit, but live here?? No thanks...

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Not to mention, that every time I go down to smoke about two or three people come up and try to bum a smoke... Of course the later it is, the more that ask... The hotel staff tells most of them to shove off though. I feel like telling them that I saw a help wanted sign in the Burger King window across the street myself, wow! I just wonder who the morons are that actually give the panhandlers money, or the street people, or whatever you want to call them... Someone must be giving them money, or there wouldn't be so many of them! Many of them that are sitting around, playing instruments, whatever, have cups in front of them, some half full of bills and coins... Although I ALMOST gave one of them a few coins today, he was holding a sign that said, "Okay, I won't lie! I need a beer!" I didn't though...

Daniel said...

Good pics of the trip so far. How's the hand?

Matthew said...

Not quite sure exactly Daniel... The doctor told me I could not unwrap the bandages until Sunday, but at least I'm not in pain anymore since Petra's little tip! It is amazing how much you use your thumb though, but I'm starting to adjust to life with only one for now... :)

Petra said...

Yeah I noticed a lot of freaks there too... for that matter, there are plenty of freaks up here as well. The scenery and the weather are enough of an allure for me though - although I do agree with you that I would NOT live in San Francisco... visiting is enough. :)