Monday, July 16, 2007

Trying To Finish This Thing...

Which is why I haven't posted!! I've been running around trying to find gas pipe, finally found this little hardware store that has been around since 1932 and they not only had the gas pipe I needed, the old man grabbed my sheet with my measurements on it, corrected me on a few things, then told me what I needed and told me to come back in a few hours and they would have it all cut and threaded!! When I got back, he showed me where he had corrected my drawing, and then told me he went ahead and cut the pipe based on HIS rendition of my drawing! He then explained a few other things to me, and as I was leaving he shook my hand and told me, "Now if you find you need any other pieces or any other help, I'll be here until six." Nothing like good old fashioned customer service!!

Of course while I was doing that, Enrique was pouring the pad that I am going to be laying flagstone on...

He also repaired my driveway, and poured that little apron on the side, because I was always dragging my trailer in the dirt there! NO MORE track marks in the dirt! (Once it's all done of course, right now who cares! :)

I can start framing the pool house tomorrow if I want!! That's the FUN part! NO, the fence is STILL not up, I have put it off until this weekend because I need to get some more dirt up there by the pool deck so I can put sod down, and just not ready for that yet...

4 comments:

Petra said...

Wow. Lots has been happening there! I do love good old fashioned customer service and am more apt to frequent an establishment with good customer service even if it costs more! :)

Matthew said...

There is TOO much going on here, I CAN'T wait to go to California in 10 days!! :)

Matthew said...

NINE days I mean!!

Titus said...

very cool on the old guy helping you out!