Friday, July 27, 2007

San Francisco Day 3...

Got a late start today, so headed straight down to Bubba Gumps on Pier 39 for lunch. It was probably the BEST meal we've had yet since getting here! The kids LOVE that place, although we've only eaten there once before and that was in Monterey last year...

We headed down to the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park and boarded all the historic vessels that are moored at the Hyde Street Pier. That was interesting! Here are the kids aboard the Eureka.

Us, about to board the Balclutha... It's interesting to see how they operated back in the late 1800's and early 1900's, it's also AMAZING how far we've come in the past 100 years...

I think this was the officer's mess inside the Balclutha...

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Of course when I say, "Got a late start today" I mean that the kiddoes weren't ready to leave until nearly 11! For some reason I woke up at 5:30 this morning, had already eaten breakfast (something I never do except when I'm off it seems), had three or four cups of coffee, read the newspaper and had even been to a few stores before the kids even woke up...

Petra said...

I always get a late start when I'm on vacation. But Andy isn't usually up at 5:30 on vacay either, so it all works out. :)

I wondered if Bubba Gumps was good - we'll have to try it on our trip!

Joshua Goodling said...

Looks like you are having fun! What's the tag on your shirt?

Matthew said...

When we toured the vessels at Hyde Street Pier, the adults had to wear those 'boarding passes'...