Wednesday, July 25, 2007

San Francisco...

Well, after the events of last night and getting about an hour's sleep, we finally made it to San Francisco! Of course today everyone was kind of tired, so we really just made it over to the hotel, checked in, had to wait for them to finish cleaning the rooms because we were a bit early, got our bags in the rooms and then went to find something to eat and walk around...

Chance and Tanner on the plane (obviously)... Cory, Jessica and Taylor sat a few rows up from us, apparently 7 seats together is a bit hard to do when the flight is full...

Waiting in the lobby of the Parc 55 Hotel for them to get our rooms clean... We were ALL ready to just get the damn luggage to the rooms as we had just lugged it via the BART train from the airport... Next time, it'll be a limo for sure! There were no cabs or other vehicles to bring us all over at the same time... Anyway, we are all settled in now finally!

Cory and Jessica waiting in the lobby as well...

This is the restaurant that we went to after walking around for a few blocks... The sign said "Since 1908", so we thought, "Hmm... Been around that long, must be pretty good!" WRONG!!! So that place is marked off the list anyway!

I guess tomorrow we are just going to take it easy in the AM, then go have lunch at Neptune's Palace and try to get to see Alcatraz this time as we missed it last time because they were sold out... Who knows what the day will bring though, as we have ZERO schedule other than when we go to Monterey and the wedding and associated festivities!! :)


5 comments:

Matthew said...

I only took 10 pics today for some reason... I was going to take a pic of the guy holding the sign that said, "You can verbally abuse me for 1.00"; also of the guy urinating in a doorway in front of tons of people; or the one of the guys passing around a joint right on the sidewalk; etc, etc, etc...

I WOULD NEVER want to live in a city like this, or any big city for that matter! Not sure what the allure is...

Petra said...

Glad you made it to CA! Isn't traveling exhausting?! lol @ your comment above. :)

Matthew said...

Yes, traveling IS exhausting! I'm SO glad Cory was here though, because with one of my hands pretty much out of commission, I'm not sure how it would have went otherwise...

Joshua Goodling said...

Yeah, I imagine it's kind of hard getting around on a trip like that with just one hand. Was it your left or right hand that you injured?

Looks like you are staying in a nice hotel in San Fran! I hope you have a relaxing time - I'm sure you're ready for that after all the work you've been doing.

See you next week when I get to Monterey on Thursday.

Matthew said...

LUCKILY it was my left hand!!

The hotel is alright, I don't think I'd stay here again though... Of course that has more to do with the fact that I asked for adjoining rooms, called several weeks ago to confirm that I'd have adjoining rooms, and when we got here they didn't have any!! So we do have rooms next door, but it's NOT what I asked for...