Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 6...

The Fence FINALLY arrived!!

Of course the moron who was going to install it is NOT returning my calls. I put a wanted thing on Craigslist, but the only reply I got was from some guy who wanted $1,600.00... To put a freaking fence up?? Are you nuts?? It's a one day job at best! How hard can it possibly be? I'll just do it myself, I needed it up yesterday!!! The hot tub is already full of water and the pool will likely be filled by 9 or 10 tomorrow morning...

Then there is the whole connecting the yellow gas line to the meter! Just trying to get someone to do it has been a chore, and I'm NOT paying any dumb ass 7 or 8 hundred dollars to screw a few pipes together! So I called around, I'll just go get the pipe myself and do it! I would already have it done, but they don't sell 2" or 1 1/4" gas pipe at Lowes or Home Depot...

PLUS!!! Good news, the pool house passed the first inspection!! WooHoo! So I am cleared to have the pad poured! I was going to have it done tomorrow, but it rained today and it's a muddy freaking mess out there, so we are doing it Thursday. I also FINALLY made it to the septic tank with that damn trencher and returned it today, I dug the last quarter of it in the rain. Figures it would rain this week though, hasn't rained in a while and it's rained four days this week!

Oh well, that's the way my luck goes... You know though, I always have figured, "If you want something done, then just do it yourself!" :)

8 comments:

Matthew said...

You know, you would think that the fence would have come with instructions... It didn't!! I found them on the Internet though... One of the gates I see has a damaged top post, oh well, I DO NOT have the luxury of waiting for a replacement, so I'll just fix it myself! DON'T EVER order fencing from fencetown.com!! I was trying to save a few bucks, but I should have just had a local company install it for me... Live and learn they say, or maybe not! :)

Petra said...

lol... yet another project. What kind of fence is it?

Matthew said...

Yeah, a project I DIDN'T want to do, but I'm NOT paying anyone $1,600 for a days work... Sigh...

Here is the fence though:

Kingsford Legacy Fence

It's black though. I've been looking over the installation instructions, it doesn't seem that complicated AT ALL! So I suppose I'll do it in the next few days.

Titus said...

nice packaging job! lol.

Titus said...

fence looks nice on the website.

Petra said...

Fence does look nice. :)

I agree with Titus about the packaging job - lol. Did their machine go a little haywire there??? :)

Matthew said...

LOL! It does look like the packaging sucks, but it's actually the panels on the one side and the fence posts on the other...

FenceTown.com said...

Hello Matthew - I just came across your page. I am rep from FenceTown.com .

Yes - the packaging does look flimsy. The problem is also that trucking companies can be hard on shipments. There have been many adjustments in packaging since you ordered your fence. FenceTown also has new owners and a new website with tons of information. I have no idea why most fence brands don't ship orders with instructions - so we added them on the website. The manufacturer of your fence has also gone through several owners. They are now called Gilpin Inc.

If you need any replacement items for your fence, don't hesitate to contact us.