Thursday, July 12, 2007

Salvation...

I wonder how many people think they are saved, yet they are not? I was taking a shower about a month or so ago, and the guy who built the house next to us stopped by and gave Carolyn a book. I started reading it and it was quite good. I liked it so much, I had e-mailed and asked for additional copies to send out. Then I 'got busy' and didn't really think about it again... About an hour and a half ago, someone started banging on my front door, it was Ray Nix, the guy who wrote the book. He told me that he felt compelled to stop by and apologized for it being so late. We ended up talking for about an hour and a half. I'll finish the book now though... :)



If you want a copy of the book, let me know in the comments or e-mail me and I'll send you one, the book is pretty good actually, and I'm NOT one to condone books by people writing about this topic.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

12 comments:

Matthew said...

I only have five copies, so first come first served! :) I can get more though if more want them...

Matthew said...

Four left...

Joshua Goodling said...

I'll take one. I'm interested to see what he has to say. I know there will be an untold multitude of people who stand before God thinking they are saved when in reality they aren't. Too many people have a "head" knowledge of God.

Tim said...

I'll take one if you have any left, many churches do actually teach scripture just bits and pieces.

Titus said...

i'll take one!

i haven't had access to a computer for a couple of days, laptop died. :(

Matthew said...

Two left! :)

Petra said...

I'll take one if you have any left.

I feel ya' Titus - my laptop crashed this morning. Ugh - BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS PEOPLE!!! Because I did not back up since before the move, I lost all our trip photos, all my financial files - ugh. Thankfully, I posted lots of photos online so I do have those, but no photos from the past two weeks. And the financial files can be recreated... it's just a hassle. I got the blue screen of death repeatedly - couldn't even start in 'safe' mode. So I was using the startup/recovery disc to reboot and THOUGHT I selected the option that SAVES your personal files - obviously not though. I knew something was up for a while and just kept putting off fixing it. Too late now.

ANYWAY... the book sounds interesting!!! If you don't have copies left, maybe someone can send me theirs after they have read it. :)

Matthew said...

I do Petra!

One more left, going, going...

Whoa though!! Why do you think they are lost?? I'll send you a program that may recover even deleted files.

I didn't use to back my stuff up either, but after a mishap that was MY FAULT, and losing most of my data, I now at least backup photos every other month or so to DVD. When I DID lose all my data though, I didn't lose any photos because for the past five or so years whenever I download pics from the camera, I ALWAYS copy them to Carolyn's PC as well! When we lived on Woodmeade, I had my PC die, and lost three years worth of photos... :( I STILL have the hard drive though, and once or twice a year, I'll hook it up and ATTEMPT to revive it to no avail... :(

Oh well! I guess I'll probably just keep the drive for the rest of my life... Maybe someday, someone will come up with some sort of a 'magical picture retriever program"! :)

Petra said...

yeah I'm not very happy about losing all those Grand Canyon pics. PLEASE send me the software and I'll give it a try!!! :) Man... I kept saying "I need to put those photos on a disc"... and "I really should invest in an external harddrive"... but... well what can I do?!

Titus said...

yeah, my luck with laptops blows! i've gone through 3 in that past year.

and i feel you petra on the blue screen of death.. i experienced that with all 3. and NO, i didn't back anything up.

you'd think i'd learn?! we are using jackie's work laptop which sucks b/c it blocks most sites and pics.

WHO is marci? said...

I'll take one if you have one left.

Matthew said...

The last one is yours Marci! :)