Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Measure Twice, Cut Once...

A principle I DID not adhere to!! I was merrily running the gas pipe through the garage, and my measurements were OFF!! At least it was only one of the sections, whatever though, I'll drop it off at the hardware store on my way to the office in the morning and have them cut off the 3 inches I was off and rethread it...

Of course while I was doing that, everyone else was merrily swimming away and having a GREAT time! :(

I'll be joining them shortly though, but have a LOT to do yet before I get too...

On another note, the Suburban started overheating today, I nearly took it to the shop, but then thought, why not take a look... I discovered the issue, the part cost me $3.66... Had I taken it to the shop the repair bill would have been several hundred I'm sure! WooHoo!! By taking a look, I saved myself the time it would have taken to take it to the shop, AND the repair bill... :)

I CAN'T wait to go to California... 11 days with NOTHING to do but enjoy myself... :)

5 comments:

Titus said...

i hate it when i do the same thing - not making the right cut that is..

Matthew said...

Particularly when it's as easy as just measuring twice to prevent such mistakes... :)

Tim said...

happens often enough here :), hope you get to enjoy the pool too.

Petra said...

About the only things I have to measure are how far up the wall to hang shelves and scrapbook paper. So I don't measure twice. :)

Great about the car! Andy has saved us a lot of money on car repairs since he managed that Jiffy Lube in Knoxville. :)

Jackie said...

we can't wait until you come either!!!

Great job on fixing the car! That is handy!!