Saturday, July 14, 2007

Pool House Day 17...

The slab is poured!!!

I think I got shorted 2 yards on the concrete though, that pad should have only taken 4 yards, yet it took the entire 6 yards I ordered, because I was going to pour about an inch and a half in the front of it there where I have the forms, and then lay flagstone on top of it to match the flagstone around the pool. I was also going to have my driveway repaired where I had to cut through it to run the gas, water and electric... So now I'm going to have to order more for next week and do those then!

I NEVER dreamed it would be such a chore to pour that concrete! Enrique showed up by himself because his friend had something come up, so we had to literally drag the concrete from the one end all the way across because the truck could just barely get the chute right over the forms on the one end... Whew!! Here it is only 12:30 and I'm almost ready for bed... :)

Too many things left to do though! So now, I have to go do some cleanup and get ready to get the fence up before one of the little crumb crunchers running around falls in the pool...

6 comments:

Petra said...

Getting a lot accomplished!! Are you seeing an end in sight yet? :)

Matthew said...

YES! Today marks the day where I see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Next week, once I have the pool house framed and the fence up will mean the end is nigh! The pool people came out today and cleaned the pool and treated it, I turned on the power to all the pool equipment today and nothing blew up, so it's working out well! :)

The kids will actually be able to start swimming on Tuesday, I'm sure Carolyn and I will likely join them! :)

Matthew said...

Building the pool house is the EASY part, doing the slab and getting everything run out was the MAJOR pain in the ass!

Titus said...

great to get the slab in, sucks about having to order more concrete though!

Joshua Goodling said...

Wow no postings for Sunday or Monday (yet). You must be REALLY busy or something :-)

Petra said...

Can't wait to hear and see more progress! :)