Friday, December 01, 2006

Secrets...

I wasn't aware that anyone had any these days... Of course I'm referring to the whole "There was a boy named Matthew" thing... I thought everyone knew about that ongoing episode, but I was wrong... I know these people though, so I guess I should not have been surprised. 'Sweep everything under the rug, wait a bit, and all will be well' was and is I guess the mentality, but that was then, this is now... That is no longer the case...

Boyd's sister called me today and we had a long talk, she said she had talked to him and was talking about me, yet he never indicated that anything was wrong. She however told me that she could tell that something was amiss... I told her the entire story in detail. Why do people want to pretend that there is nothing wrong when there is? That's my question. It's ludicrous.

I was just talking to my stepson Cory about this same thing. We were talking about how people hold grudges, have hatred, etc... I told him my philosophy. My mentality is this, never go to bed with hatred, grudges, etc on your mind. It will destroy your life. Say what you have to say, no matter what it is, then get on with your life. I haven't always taken that approach, but the times I didn't, it caused issues. These days, that is the only approach I take. I say what's on my mind, if you don't like it, I don't care. I think everyone should take that approach...

I do hope that those people get over the whole "If we just don't talk about it for a few months, everyone will forget it mentality"... That was then, this is now...

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I will also add this interesting story she told me about Grandpa Goodling that apparently no one knew about until right before he died...

When Grandpa Goodling was 16 years old, he threw a rock at his brother and it broke the skin... His father was so infuriated that he literally beat the shit out of Grandpa Goodling. Grandpa Goodling never forgave his father for that beating. No one knew about that animosity until right before he died. How sad.

I know they say like father, like son... I'm happy to say I have broken that mold... Although I will say that there were times in the past when I myself have found myself about to take anger out on my children, luckily, by the grace of God, I did not!

Matthew said...

it's funny you should say that Titus, because Aunt Esther said the exact same thing...

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I am sorry about the current "state of the family", I hope that things get resolved in a way that is pleasing to everyone involved. Did you know that there is a Matt's opinion blog on blogspot too?

Tim said...

I am glad you got to talk to Aunt Esther. It is always interesting to find out bits about family history. Most people for some reason are uncomfortable with real life. They like it to be seperate from their "reality".