Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pictures...

Most of the people who read my blog will not know these people (from Boyd's side of the family), but I am posting them for my siblings... I wouldn't have recognized these people if I had passed them on the street, but they are my uncles, aunts and a cousin... I still would like to know why we never interacted with these people growing up, but I guess I'll never know the answer to that little question...


This is Uncle Tom and Aunt Esther with one of their sons, Terry. I do actually know Tom and Esther, only because they made a point to get to know us. They went out of their way to come to our wedding, they have come to our house before, and now we e-mail... Very nice people... Funny thing about Terry is that when we first moved to Atlanta, Terry lived in the same subdivision that we lived in, yet we never knew it... We found out after we moved (Aunt Esther told me the other day that when she realized that we lived there, she went and knocked on the door, but we had already moved to the home we currently live in). I have been in contact with Terry recently via e-mail though, and another ironic thing is he does the same thing I do... Small world...


Uncle Ray and Aunt Tressa... They are the Uncle and Aunt I know the LEAST about... I didn't even know Ray's name, and had to ask Aunt Esther what it was sadly... Other than that, I know nothing about them, I hope to learn more about them in the future...


Uncle Paul and Aunt Marie... I do remember them from years and years ago, but I've not seen them in probably 25 years... I know they have three sons, I do remember being at their home as a boy, other than that, I know nothing about them... I hope that changes... It will...

It's funny about relatives, we have so many, yet so many of us rarely if ever interact... Seems a little bizzarre to me... I'm just now catching up though, so hopefully that changes... :)

5 comments:

Matthew said...

Not to forget Uncle Fred, he passed away not long ago though. I never really knew him, although I vaguely remember him. I believe he died of cancer, but don't know that for sure, which is also sad... I'm going to change this nonsense of not knowing all these people though, it's not only ridiculous, but crazy...

Tim said...

I saw Uncle Fred at Grandma's funeral. I wish I had been able to get to know that side of the family better. They are all really nice people and we hardly saw them. I am glad you are seeing them. It was like when I spent the weekend with Holly and Jim last year. Very nice people that I enjoyed getting to know more about.

Matthew said...

It's not too late Timberly, as I've found out! :) They are all very nice people! Or at least the ones I've communicated with, which will be all of them soon...

Petra said...

Thanks for posting these photos. I tried to keep in touch with dad's side of the family when I was newly married, but have lapsed. I think family is so important (which is why I love getting into genealogy). I hope to get back in touch with the older generation this year. I do communicate with Aunt Patty some - talk about some interesting stories!!! :)

Matthew said...

LOL... I love Aunt Patty! We have gotten some lengthy letters and cards from her as well, they are quite fun to read! :)