Friday, December 22, 2006

Blogging...

There were so many things I was going to blog about tonight... Yet here I am, sitting here listening to 'Take it Easy' by Delbert McClinton again, I LOVE that song! I just put the kids to bed, plus the one who is sleeping over, Taylor is sleeping over at our new neighbors house with her new friend Sarah... I saw an article about how Atlanta is the 4th worst commute in the country, and that's the route I take every day, so I can vouch for that, it sucks... The Duke case irritates me, the DA I think just does not want to be made out to be a loser, and he is trying to save his career... Here's a memo for him: "You lost, get over it, the media is going to crucify you, have a nice life doing something else"... People scrambling to get their "Christmas" stuff done, it kills me... There was a poll on MSNBC detailing how many were done, etc... Everyone should do what we do... We buy ALL of our paper, lights, decorations, tape, etc in January for 10 cents on the dollar, and many times a lot less... We start buying gifts also in January, so when December rolls around all we have to do is ship, buy for the kids, and plan dinner... We're done btw, so all we have to do now is get ready for the, as Chance calls it, "The Christmas Feast"... He is so funny... That was something else I was going to blog about, I guess all parents reach the point where their kids are past the 'kids meal' menu when you go out to eat... I've reached that point... Ugghh! We all went out to Longhorn this evening, the kids all wanted what I was having, which just happened to be a ribeye... So I guess the days of the kids meals are over for me... I bought them all one, but learned a lesson, lets start off with 'splitting' an adult meal... NONE of them ate more than half of the meal (we had taken Nate who is spending the night)... So the next few times, it will be a ribeye and an extra plate... Live and learn... :) Hope everyone who is still scampering around trying to buy crap is getting it done... I'm going to listen to "Take it Easy" again... :) Merry Christmas to All!!!

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I know everyone is busy, still astounds me though how 'busy' everyone lets themselves get... I'm 'busy' as well, but still find time... :)

Petra said...

I'll have to download that song. Yeah - we have two that eat off of the adult menu now. Wow... makes going out to eat much more expensive! LOL

p.s. I was one of the ones that was scampering around getting everything done at the last minute, but I have a long list of excuses as to why I wasn't ready? :)

Matthew said...

It's an excellent song!! Sometimes I just hit repeat and listen to only that song... :)

You'll have to check out some of the songs on Vince Gill's new set out, I just started listening to them, wow! I don't like all of them, but he is an amazing musician!

Petra said...

I haven't listened to him in a while. I'll give his new stuff a try as well. :)