Wednesday, December 13, 2006

An Early Christmas Present Perhaps??

Story here:

South Dakota Senator Hospitalized

He's a Democrat, so if he dies or resigns then the Republicans have control of the Senate again... Well, the Governor, who gets to name his replacement, is a Republican, so I guess it really depends on him... I'll bet he is a VERY popular guy right now... His phone has been ringing off the hook I'm sure... If he is only incapacitated though, then he could be bed ridden and useless, but he does not have to resign, there have been several Senators in our history who have been incapacitated and they did not resign... I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in the rooms two people are currently in: Pelosi and Reid... :) This will be an interesting story to follow...

1 comment:

Joshua Goodling said...

Yes - I've been watching this closely. The Republicans may be able to take the senate back. Can you imagine the stink the democrats will try to raise if this happens?