Friday, December 15, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada...

I don't watch movies often, but I do like Merryl Streep... I stopped at Krogers today and they had a machine there where you could rent a movie for a $1... So I rented the movie, 'The Devil Wears Prada', only because it had Merryl Streep in it.. What an excellent movie... It's a classic example of the situation that tore my family apart... Greed! I'm sure everyone has read about Goldman Sachs, and that the average person who works there made over $622K last year... Great! What they don't tell you is that these people literally work 24/7 and their family lives are usually either non-existent or are destroyed because they literally 'marry' their work! Money does not make people happy, never has... I'm not sure why people think that money WILL make them happy. I would rather live with my family in a trailer park than work 24/7 and disregard my family and have millions of dollars and live in a penthouse... Some obviously would rather the penthouse... People that would rather the penthouse over family nauseate me and make me sick to my stomach... I would encourage everyone to watch the movie and tell me what they think... There are some in my own family who prefer the cash and the destruction of the family...

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Preview...

Tim said...

I liked that movie!!! Of course I like fashion.

Petra said...

I thought it was a great movie - I took Brittany to see it when it came out.

It also blows my mind those who think their work and/or money are more important than the people in their lives. That is insanity.