Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve...

I LOVE Christmas Eve... The kids are SO excited and it is a great time of year! We went to the service tonight at our church and my children were able to have their first communion, it was kind of funny, because I was trying to explain to them what was going on while the pastor was talking... Chance was worried about what he was supposed to do, I finally told him, just watch what everyone else is doing and do that... The way the church we are going to does communion, is they break bread, then everyone comes forward and takes a piece of the bread, dips it in the 'wine' and eats it... It all went smoothly, I explained to them what it was symbolic of, but I think I'll need to review that with them tomorrow when I tell them the Christmas Story before we open presents...

We always let the kids open a present on Christmas Eve, so here they are with the present they have chosen to open....

Tanner tearing into his present...

Taylor tearing into hers, Chance looking on... The picture I took of Chance opening his present was way too blurry... :)

Table is ready for, as Chance calls it, our Christmas Feast! He cracks me up...


I trust everyone is having a GREAT Christmas! Best wishes to all!! Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Petra said...

We let the kids open one gift on Christmas Eve as well. They had such a blast (and are continuing to have a blast) with all their gifts. We sat in the living room and sang carols and Andy told the Christmas story last night. It was so nice having everyone here and just being home on Christmas for a change! :)

Matthew said...

I agree, I would rather be at home for Christmas than anywhere else!!