Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas...

I LOVE this season!! The kids are SO excited you can't hardly make it up... Of course we always wrap presents and put them under the tree because the kids a few years ago saw me wrapping presents and wanted to know what was up, so they all know I am Santa and that Jesus is the REAL reason for the season... I find myself getting excited about waking up on Christmas morning and telling my children the story of Christmas and then sharing gifts... Quite exciting, particularly if you have children... I don't normally like shopping, but today I spent nearly 3 hours at the mall, which is a place I avoid like the plague, today it was exciting though... I hope that everyone is having a joyous holiday!! I also hope that everyone remembers the REAL reason that we celebrate this holiday!! Merry Christmas to all!!!

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Finally!! For the first time in years, we have nothing left to do before Christmas... So we can just kick back and enjoy the holidays... :)

Tim said...

That's great. I only have to take Nathaniel out to buy LeRoy a present. And then wrap of course.

Matthew said...

For the first time in my life, I actually had everything I bought wrapped for me! Of course we had to wrap most of the kids gifts and family gifts, a chore I detest btw... :)

Petra said...

Yeah we waited until the last minute to wrap (sort of goes along with shopping at the last minute). Thankfully, Andy wrapped most of the gifts this year (more gifts than he has wrapped in his entire life he says). LOL