Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What?

What do you want to hear about? Global warming? Iraq? The economy? Do you want me just to post family pictures? Of course I'll continue to post whatever I want, but I have something to say about all of those things... :) How about the stupidity of some Americans:

$200 Bill...

I know that happened a while ago, but still... I think I would be more interested in doing something with the moron who accepted it and gave change than the one who passed it off... Wow!

I think that the American people are becoming so stupid that there is little hope that we will remain a Superpower for much longer, I give it 20 years... When I went to lunch today, the computers were down and the people had to manually calculate my bill, it took 10 minutes... Stunning... I had a coupon over the weekend to buy a pack of cigarettes and get one free (yes, I still smoke), and the clerk fussed over it for 5 minutes, then said that will be 19 cents... I tried to explain to the clerk that it was 'buy one, get one', but she was so dumbfounded, I finally just gave her 19 cents... Was that wrong?? Who knows... I can't believe how stupid the average American has become, but it will surely be our downfall, of that, you can be certain...

10 comments:

Joshua Goodling said...

Well, that is an understatement. I am constantly shocked at the amount of stupidity that some people exhibit.

I was just watching them interview one of the NFL players on a sports show. The guy makes several million a year, but he can't even speak correct grammer or make a complete sentence.

Makes you wonder sometimes how these people even function in life.

Matthew said...

Yeah, it's a constant source of amazement...

Petra said...

Don't you mean "grammar", Josh? :D

Funny about the $200 bill... you can't even make that up.

Joshua Goodling said...

Okay, see...I can't even spell Grammer! :-)

Joshua Goodling said...

Andrew - I know you're referring to Matthew's question; "What do you want to hear about? Global warming? Iraq? The economy?" but here's my 2 cents worth about Global Warming:

Yes, there is Global Warming. However, it's not something that man can control I don't believe. It's all part of God's plan. The Bible plainly says that there will be thinks such as that happening in the "end times":

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mar 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these [are] the beginnings of sorrows.

Mar 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these [are] the beginnings of sorrows.

Joshua Goodling said...

Oh, guess I pasted the last verse twice....the 3rd verse is:

Luk 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Matthew said...

No, is it worth watching?

Nic pic btw... :)

Joshua Goodling said...

No, I've not seen that movie.

Another passage that I think backs up the "Global Warming" is:

2Pe 3:10-12

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?


Of course, I'm not saying I'm an expert on the subject or anything - these are just my opinions from studying.

Joshua Goodling said...

And by the way - cool hat there Andy! You look like you're in Mongolia or something :-)

Matthew said...

Yes, I do take requests Andy... :) I've posted my two cents on global warming...

I don't buy into the 'end times' concept though... :)

For 2,000 years man has thought they were living in the 'end times'; I believe the Bible to literally mean: "As a thief in the night" or rather - unexpectedly and suddenly...