Monday, December 11, 2006

Pigeon Forge...

We spent yesterday afternoon and all day today at Pigeon Forge. The kids of course LOVE it there! Carolyn and Betty hit the Outlet Malls there and the kids and I went off to do other things as we were not interested in shopping... :)

There is a new helicopter museum in Pigeon Forge, the kids wanted to ride this simulated helicopter machine. Tanner was in the driver's seat, but the guy told him he could pass control to Chance if he wanted to. So the guy explained all the controls, told them they could go upside down, sideways, whatever... Then he pointed to that red button between them and said, "Now if you get sick to your stomach, or get scared and want out, just hit that red button and the ride will stop." Then he closed the hatch and started the ride. A few seconds after the ride started, Tanner managed to turn the thing upside down, the guy looked at me and said, "Someone hit the red button." So the ride stopped, and it had been Chance. The guy I guess felt guilty that I had spent $20 for 3 seconds and offered to take the boys with himself at the controls, they refused. Or rather, Chance said, "No way man." I then tried to talk them into going up in a real helicopter, but they would not have any of it... :)

The kids 'had' to go to the NASCAR rides/shop/entertainment thing... We did not stay long though because no one was there and Tanner was starting to not feel well...

All of the kids wanted to ride the race cars, but Chance was the only one who was tall enough to ride, I could have taken one of them with me, but that would have meant leaving one of the kids by themselves... Something I would never do, particularly in this day and age... So Chance rode by himself... We did all get to ride the bumper cars, but I took no pics of that...

So that is essentially how we spent our day in Pigeon Forge, we did end up going shopping a little as well, because Carolyn and Betty were still shopping after all the things we did... I bought me a new Bible at one of the stores, they are like 50% cheaper at the outlet store there than what they are here... I had a new Sidney Sheldon book I was going to read, but Betty wanted something to read last night, so I gave it to her as she loves Sidney Sheldon, so I bought myself another one because I still want to read it... :) I'm glad to be home though, the kids have school tomorrow, Carolyn has school tomorrow, so I am home alone as I do not have to go back to work until Wednesday, maybe I'll go check out that new Mel Gibson film... Hmmm.... I wonder when the last time I went to a movie by myself was? Years ago I guess... We only go to about 1 or 2 movies a year as it is... Hope everyone is having a great Christmas season thus far!!



6 comments:

Joshua Goodling said...

Sounds like you had a good time in PF! I love those helicopter rides...been thinking about taking helicopter pilot lessons myself.

Matthew said...

I was wanting to ride it myself! Having 3 kids with me though would have meant leaving them unattended for 5 minutes, so couldn't do it... :(

You should take lessons. I used to fix them you know, and have had lessons on how to fly them, but have never actually flown one, it seems pretty easy though...

Joshua Goodling said...

Yeah, that airport up in Kennesaw has a place that does helicopter lessons. I've been meaning to go up there and take a test-flight. I just haven't done it yet. But I do intend to do it.

I've got 15 hours in private pilot lessons, but I think flying a helicopter would be easier.....take off and landing wise.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.

I always enjoy being home, too. . .

Petra said...

Sounds fun!

How was Apocolypto? I haven't seen it, but it looked like something I would absolutely hate. LOL I do love movies though - am thinking of taking the kids to one this afternoon. :D

Matthew said...

LOL... I never went to see it actually... I think I'm just going to wait for the DVD... For some reason I prefer to watch movies at home these days...