Wednesday, June 13, 2007

You Know...

Hmm... I wonder how many times I've started out with that...

Well, Petra wants a post, so I'm posting... :)

What can I say, I'm busy!! I have learned a LOT about electrical work I must say. I LOVE Craigslist... I needed to run wire up to the pool pump/heater/spa/etc and the cost at Home Depot was $1,800... I found that out and put up a wanted notice on Craigslist, I got it for $300! Not only that, the guy I got it from pretty much explained to me exactly how to hook it up, he gave me the breaker I needed and told me to call him if I had any other questions!! Have I mentioned that I LOVE Craigslist?!?!?

I spent the day, once I got home from work, working on that d#mn Bobcat! It wants to work, but doesn't! I was covered in grease from changing out the starter and solenoid. It started, but wouldn't stay started. That's the way my luck runs though, I guess I'll try once more tomorrow and then have it hauled in! :(

I have to run the electrical and gas line out to where the pool things are. I went and got the conduit today as well. Turns out I have to go underneath my driveway with the electrical. Ummm... I need my Bobcat to do that!! Well, we'll see! It needs to be done SOON!!

Then I decided, you know what? Screw it! I rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge for the family this weekend. We are going to pick up Betty in Knoxville, then head to Pigeon Forge and do nothing at all this weekend but relax in the hotub, swim in the pool and do whatever...

Sometimes you just have to say screw it and take a break...

11 comments:

Matthew said...

You wanted a post Petra, there it is... Forgive the errors... :) I may correct them later, I doubt it though... :)

Petra said...

LOL. We rented a cabin near Pigeon Forge a few years ago and it was awesome. We went for a few days at spring break; Andrea came too. We'll be exploring Seattle this weekend - can't wait for that. Andy's taking the other kids to a helicopter show and museum while Britt and I go to the film festival, then they'll pick us up and we'll hit Pikes Place Market and whatever else touristy we can find. :) In case you wanted to know.

I have been discovering Craigslist as well and it's pretty cool. We found this house on there! I'm currently looking for bunk beds for the boys (we got rid of their metal ones before we moved - they had seen their better day). I haven't posted anything in the wanted section though - maybe I should? Craigslist had JUST started in the ft hood area before we moved so I hadn't been on there much before.

Matthew said...

You should, post in the wanted section that is, I get half the things I need by posting in the wanted section!! :)

Andrea said...

Sounds like fun. Enjoy your Father's Day weekend in Pigeon Forge.

I hate word verification. fyi.

Daniel said...

Who's Betty?

Petra said...

I think Betty is a friend of Carolyn's from where she used to work in Knoxville. But I could be wrong. :) Not that you were asking ME. :D

Matthew said...

Petra is correct. When Carolyn worked at UT she and Betty became friends. Were practically family now. Betty loves going to Pigeon Forge, so whenever we go, we take her with us... :)

Jackie said...

HAVE A GRET FATHER'S DAY!!!

Matthew said...

Thanks Jackie!! It's also Taylor's birthday on Friday, so we will have some sort of party for her there! She is quite excited about it I might add! :)

Daniel said...

You have a very exciting life. :)

Tim said...

Have a Great father's day :)