Monday, June 18, 2007

Work, Work, Work...

WOW!! I knew I had a lot left to do, but it kind of hit me today. I just spent the last few hours removing the rest of the debris from those steps I tore down...

Whew! What a chore! I am now ready to dig the holes for the deck posts though!

That's how much debris was left, I just decided to start dumping everything right there. Once I am done, I will rent a roll off and then use the bobcat to load it all in. I'm NOT doing it manually again at the dump!!!

Of course I still have to get the foundation ready for the pool house. I have to run the plumbing and tap into the septic tank for the shower/toilet/sinks in the pool house. The pool fence is on its way. Which I'll have to put up obviously once it arrives. Of course the deck, but that can wait if need be... :) The most critical thing though is I have to run the electric and gas out to the pool equipment!! I have the wire and the conduit to run it in. I need the gas pipe yet, but should pick it up tomorrow at a supply house nearby. I guess I'll rent a tool to dig the trench for the electic/gas tomorrow or the next day. No, they can't be in the same trench. Plus, I have to bore underneath the driveway for the electric... Whew, I get tired thinking about it. Whatever, it will all soon be done. So who knows when there will be a meaningful post on here again... :)

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Sound thrilling. I bet you'll be glad when it's all done and your house doesn't look torn apart anymore.

Petra said...

Yeah, seems a bit overwhelming. I'm sure it'll all be awesome when you are done though. :)

Jackie said...

YIKES!!! sounds like a lot of work. But it will be gorgeous when it is all done. Pool house??? We are SOO going to have to come and check this out in person! :D

Tim said...

house looks a little bare without the stairs :).

Matthew said...

Gotta have a poolhouse if I'M going to have to tend to the rug rats out by the pool! Along with satellite, wireless Internet, phone and refrigerator!! Can't wait until you guys DO come out Jackie! :)

Yes, it will be GREAT Andrea!

LOL! It does look a litte bare Timberly, but hopefully there will be a deck there soon! We'll see how long THAT takes, because the other tasks have pretty much taken precedent!

It's not that it's all that overwhelming Petra, just trying to figure out a few things that I've NEVER done before... Oh like, prep for pouring a slab WITH plumbing run in it?!?! Running gas line and electrical lines underground?!?! And a few other things like that! I almost have all the details figured out though, like what the code requirements are... :)

Matthew said...

I DIDN'T find the gas pipe btw... I guess I'm going to have to ask the pool people where to get it. I still don't understand the need to run 1 3/4" gas pipe?!?!? Seems a bit big! The gas company is coming out this week to install a new meter as well, twice the size?!?! I was like wtf? I'm wondering what the gas BILL is going to look like... :(

Joshua Goodling said...

Long drop from the back door there :)

That pile of rubble looks odd with the bike buried in it! Looks like someone was riding their bike under a bunch of falling rubble!! lol

Tim said...

All those codes things are confusing to me, LeRoy has become quite the expert though.