Saturday, June 23, 2007

Van Meter Moving Day...

Wrapping it up!

Off we go to the new place! It was a TRICK getting that trailer in there. I pulled in first and then realized that there was no where else to go. So I had to back out VERY carefully, then maneuver it around and back it in, which I might add I'm AMAZED I was able to do without destoying several other vehicles in the process! :)

Adam and Andrea's new place is GREAT!!! I'm sure they will enjoy their new home!! Of course I'm on call this weekend as well, I got called while I was over at their new home, LUCKILY we had just finished unloading the trailer and truck! Of course Taylor and I MISSED the pizza and beer!! So that was unfortunate! :(

So I took care of the 'issue' at the office and then headed back to check on the progress Enrique was making, who actually showed up this AM at 7:30 to get started doing all that grading for me! He was DONE when I got back! So I paid him, and he is coming back tomorrow to build the frame so I can pour the pad for the pool house!! Rather HAVE someone else pour it that is!!

So off to Home Depot I went to get all the pipe and fittings I'll need for the waste lines and the water lines, and the materials I'll need for the frame: lumber, rebar and wire. I guess first thing in the AM I'll run down and get the trencher at Home Depot and while Enrique is building the frame, I'll be trenching and running wire and pipe!! Joy, joy as it will be in the mid nineties again tomorrow!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow. That's the fastest I've seen anyone post pictures of me. Thanks for that. We all look super! I notice you are conviently not in the photo I see.

Thanks for helping out, pretty sure we would still be working if you hadn't been there! We called Carolyn to see where you would appriciate a gift certificate to, but she said you would appriciate some beers whenever we come out to check out your pool. So we owe you a 12 pack of some beverage of your choice.

Matthew said...

LOL! To be fair everyone, I yelled, "Hey guys." When everyone turned around, I snapped the photo! Those were the only two I took though, so didn't have much choice there Andrea! :)

You don't owe me anything Andrea!! I was glad I could help you both out! If you INSIST though, yeah, I drink Michelob Ultra when you come out for the pool party!

I did LOVE your new place though! Looks nice, of course I'm sure it will look MUCH nicer in a few weeks after you have gotten settled! :)

Titus said...

pool is coming right along! would like to see a pic of what enrique did with the bobcat..

it's all good andrea, we all know what you look like. :D

Petra said...

Why is it so fun to say 'enrique'? :)

Jackie said...

the pool looks great... I'm not kidding, when's the party??