Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 24...

No, they didn't come out on Day 25 either...

They are ready to spray the gunite!!

They started laying all that straw, I was like, "What are you doing? I don't want that there, I'm going to landscape after you are done." To which he replied, "We have to. If we don't have the 'erosion control' down, we will fail the inspection tomorrow."

Government! So the first inspection is tomorrow, and then they will spray the gunite Monday or Tuesday. After that, they will apply the plaster and then two days later we fill the sucker up!! :) They claim we will be swimming in TWO weeks now! We'll see if that happens! I better get busy running the gas line and electric out!! The gas company is replacing my meter next week. I have to run 2 inch gas pipe out there!!! Huh!!! I guess I better get to Craigslist!! That stuff is fairly pricey at the Depot!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

WOW what a POOL!!! Wish we had one!! Found out the other day that in Pacific Grove (neighboring town to Monterey-- population: 15,000) there are only THREE pools in the entire town!! high school, community center and ONE lucky home owner!!! that blows my mind!! gotta love the Water Control people!!

Titus said...

moving right along!

Matthew said...

LOL! We live in Paulding County, GA! The inspectors are like, "Just build the damn thing, and we'll come look at it." There are no water control people... :)

Matthew said...

I guess everyone can PLAINLY see that the deck progress is ZERO!! :)

Andrea said...

Looking nice. Can't wait to come visit!

The Individual said...

Are you not required to have a fence surrounding the pool? I know they require that in some states (so kids don't 'wander' into your pool area and drown or something of the sort).

Petra said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Okay, so I'm not retarded!! That comment by "Brittany" was ME, PETRA, yet again. I just enter my comment and type the word verification and hit 'enter' - the person that is logged in is below the screen and I never scroll down. So when Britt stays logged on, obviously I am typing it as her. Ugh. Anyway, that last comment was me. :)

Matthew said...

LOL!! Yes, you are required to have a fence! I spent two weeks arguing about prices with about 5 fence companies! Ended up working out though, I got the fence for MUCH cheaper than if I had bought it at the Depot. Should arrive next week. Of course I still have to PUT it up!! :(