Thursday, June 07, 2007

Let The 30 Day Countdown Begin...

Or at least that's how long they said it would take once they started digging... We'll see how that works out!

They got right to work, and never even stopped for lunch. Although Chance kept bringing them chips and bottled water...

The kids LOVED it!

I was actually amazed at how quickly they did it, and with only a Bobcat...

Funny thing is, they got their Bobcat stuck and were wondering what to do, so I dragged their Bobcat out with my Bobcat... I doubt they encounter that with many homeowners! Hopefully they will do an EXTRA good job for us because of that and the kids supplying them with food and drinks! :)



Proposed pool house, much of the material to build it I might add I have already purchased on Craigslist for a fraction of the price it would have cost new...

15 comments:

Petra said...

You didn't explain what the hole is for, but I'm guessing it's a pool?! If so, then awesome! My kids will REALLY want to come visit now (not that they don't already!!). :)

Matthew said...

LOL! I guess I didn't. We didn't know what to do with that space up there, so we decided to put a pool there! The kids are beside themselves with excitement I might add.

Matthew said...

It's actually a pool with a hot tub attached. I'm going to build a little pool house as well, I've been gathering materials to do it, and yes, I got them ALL off of Craigslist! I LOVE that site! :)

Joshua Goodling said...

A pool and hottub? Cool!!!

What did you do? Win the lottery or something?

Andrea said...

Oh man. We are so partying at your place this summer.

Matthew said...

LOL! You and Adam are welcome any time Andrea! I added the picture of the pool house to make you want to come more... :)

Matthew said...

No lottery Joshua, I doubt I would ever win anything. I've never won anything in my life... :)

Just being frugal, like getting stuff off of Craigslist rather than the Depot and asking people you see doing stuff: "Hey, do you do side work?" Works great I might add, and at a fraction of the price...

Petra said...

pool house looks great! you're going to have quite the happenin' pad when you're done with all your projects!!

Matthew said...

LOL! That's the plan, then I will be relaxing from then on! :)

Matthew said...

NO MORE remodeling for us! We're done!

Petra said...

yeah - I'll believe that one when I see it. LOL

Matthew said...

LOL! You're probably right Petra. :)

Titus said...

coming along nicely. what software did you use to create the pool house plan?

Daniel said...

You are the home renovation KING!!! :)

Matthew said...

Punch Home Design Architectural Series 3000...

LOL Daniel. I just prefer to do it myself than pay some moron to do it and do it wrong... :)