Sunday, June 17, 2007

Pigeon Forge...

So as anyone who reads my blog knows, we went to Pigeon Forge this weekend. We took Nate, one of the neighbors kids, and then picked up Betty in Knoxville, Carolyn's friend from when she worked at UT. Then we headed to the cabin we rented...

Of course the FIRST thing the kids wanted to do once we got to the cabin was get in the hot tub...

On Saturday, we dropped Carolyn and Betty off at the outlet mall to shop, and I took the kids on a helicopter ride. We were not able to all ride at once, so the guys went and then Taylor and I went... They LOVED it!!

My princess in the helicopter!! I may be prejudiced, but I don't think so, she is BEAUTIFUL!!

Of course this was one of the MOST popular things! I'm not sure how many times they rode them, I lost track...

We went to the 'supposedly' largest knife store in the world, and of course all the kids had to have swords, why, I'm, not sure. Taylor decided she just wanted a little pink Swiss Army knife... :)

10 comments:

Matthew said...

That pic of us in front of the helicopter sucks, but it was one they took and I scanned it in... :)

Petra said...

Wow. My kids rode in a helicopter this weekend too! :) I'm getting ready to post pics.

Those swords look fun. I'm sure Nate's parents were thrilled when he came home with a large weapon. lol Or is he the one that eats squirrels? If so, then they probably didn't care. :)

Matthew said...

LOL! They didn't care actually, I WAS wondering if they would! Nate is not the one who hunts squirrels, it's his brother... :) Like you say though, yeah, they didn't care... :)

Matthew said...

I don't see any new pics Petra... :) On your blog that is! I'm off to bed... :)

Joshua Goodling said...

Cool hottub! That's what I'd like to have - but they weigh too much, so can't put on in my condo!

And yes, Taylor is looking quite cute! You're going to have your hands full when the guys start calling!! :-)

Titus said...

too funny about taylor just wanting the little pink swiss army knife. LOL.

Tim said...

I don't think your prejudiced, Taylor is beautiful :). The boys want me to get them swords too, must be a boy thing. I saw a sword store here but I kept thinking "yikes this sounds good in pounds but I have to translate to dollars!"

Petra said...

yeah I haven't updated yet? My cold came back with full force so I've been a bit out of it while trying to direct movers all day - and last night I ended up just watching a movie (seemed easier than editing photos - lol).

I was going to say earlier too, when I saw that photo of Taylor I was like "oh she is soooo adorable!" :) Darby would want the little pink knife too, but yeah - she can be a bit destructive so she won't be getting a knife anytime soon. :)

Matthew said...

Ugh!! BAD time for a cold! Hope it clears up SOON!

Jackie said...

How fun!!! Glad to see you had a great Father's Day!!!