Thursday, February 01, 2007

Incompetence...

Or is it just stupidity? Possibly laziness or a drug induced stupor, hard to tell... I'm not often astounded by it, because I realize that the vast majority of Americans are complete morons, not just morons, but lazy, uneducated and frankly, most just don't give a shit. Today I was astounded though...

My kids are starting to express a huge interest in music, so I finally decided to break down and actually buy them some musical instruments. Chance and Taylor wanted electric guitars and Tanner wanted a drum set... Off to the music store I went today. I found a great deal on the electric guitars, but drums are expensive (who knew)... So I decided to get the guitars, but shop around more for the drums. I knew that my kids were waiting with GREAT anticipation to get these instruments, so I thought, I'll just get Tanner some drumsticks, and tell him I'm still looking for the drums so he would be okay with it... So at the back of the store, there were tons of drumsticks, and signs everywhere saying: 'pair of drumsticks - $1.99"... I grabbed a pair and headed to the checkout...

I get to the checkout, this kid with blond hair falling all over his face checks me out... He goes to scan the drumsticks, there is no barcode... He goes to look it up on the computer and tells me, "It's $4.99"... I say, "All the signs said $1.99"... He checks again and tells me, "Well, the computer still says it's $4.99, are you alright with that?"

After looking at him for several seconds in sheer disbelief, I responded, "No, I'm NOT 'alright with that' the signs all said $1.99"... That threw him into some parallel universe apparently...

It took nearly 20 minutes to complete the transaction... Mind boggling...

The kids were thrilled with the guitars though, and Tanner is expecting his drums tomorrow... :( I'll have to take a 'LONG' lunch tomorrow to go find him some...

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Nice call on Dirt Cheep Music... Nearly identical drum set was $300 cheaper than everywhere else... :)

Petra said...

LOL... I think I've seen that cashier before! :)