Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Scientology...

I've often wondered why no one ever joked about this ridiculous concept, but then you even do the simplest of searches on it, and apparently the lawyers sue anyone who does... Well, if people can call the President a moron and spray paint the Capital steps, I'm sure my rights as a citizen of the USA allow me to call this space crap sheer lunacy... I guess though that some might start calling Tom Cruise Christ...

Article here...

He's risen to the 'top levels' and “Like Christ, he’s been criticised for his views. But future generations will realise he was right.” the article claims... It's so funny, you can hardly make it up... Speaking of the "levels"...

Site Here...

It's funny reading it, but do people REALLY believe it? Does Tom Cruise REALLY believe it? I find it hard to believe that anyone would, but they must... It is kind of interesting to read the various documents though, but then I think to myself: "Hmmm... People have an issue with Creation, but they don't have an issue with Xenu, various galaxies, thetans, etc???"

Wow!!

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Actually there are a lot of people who make fun of it, but it's interesting to read some of the sites, and then look at the legal crap the church of scientology throws there way... I had another link where the church had sued some guy in a different country, and the suit went on for like 9 years, can't find it now, but the court ended up ruling in his favor against the church, he has some fascinating documents posted, I'll put the link up once I find it again...

Petra said...

I find the entire concept difficult to grasp as well. I mean, an entire religion founded by an author of Science Fiction novels?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?! BLOWS my mind there seems to be so many followers. I'll go read those links when I get a little spare time - sounds interesting!

Matthew said...

I found the link I referred to:

Site here...

Interesting reading, but what's more amazing is that people actually BELIEVE this stuff...

Matthew said...

No kidding, that ridiculous movie didn't even make back it's marketing costs... Lost over $80 million dollars... Of course I want to know who the fool was who budgeted $73 million to make the ridiculous movie, but I'd rather meet the complete moron who then authorized another $30 million to market the stupid thing...