Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Babel...

Anyone seen the movie? I watched it tonight. Yeah, I'm on vacation, but am not doing anything, literally... Anyway, I watched the movie, was kind of slow starting, but it wasn't bad. I do know one thing, there aren't many people I would leave my kids with, and I certainly wouldn't travel to another country without my kids. There are like four people I would leave my kids with, Titus, Petra, Timberly and Joshua... I guess if I had to branch out, there might be a few others, but I like to know where my kids are. The movie though I thought was a semi political statement, and probably a just one. Most Americans think the world revolves around them, and it doesn't. The sad thing is, most Americans are so stupid they couldn't identify the location of any other country in the world if you gave them a map. It will be our downfall I might add...

9 comments:

Petra said...

I really want to see this. I didn't realize it was out on DVD yet. I'll have to pick it up.

Tim said...

I haven't seen this yet either. There are very few people I feel comfortable about leaving my kids with also.

Matthew said...

It came out yesterday Petra...

Yeah, vaca... Not that we're doing anything, just hanging out... I was going to go up to the Creation Museum, but ended up not finding anything to do with the kids while Carolyn is in school, and Carolyn is going to Knoxville tomorrow to tend to her fathers estate. I was actually quite looking forward to going, but LeRoy told me that no kids under 12 are allowed, and we all know how busy Timberly is, so I couldn't hardly go up there with the kids... I guess now I won't get to see it until it opens, I was kind of looking forward to the 'behind the scenes' thing though...

Petra said...

Andy rented 'Babel' and 'The Departed' for us to watch tonight. Woo hoo. :)

Matthew said...

I loved The Departed, Babel was good as well, sounds like a great evening! :)

Petra said...

We just watched the departed.. thought it was awesome - totally blew me away though (I won't give it away for those who haven't seen it.. but I totally was not expecting that to happen - surprises in movies rarely happen anymore)

Petra said...

I'm blaming you, Matt, for saying this movie "wasn't bad". I probably would have watched it anyway, but ugh. I actually forwarded on x2 through some of it and I could still tell exactly what was going on and read all the subtitles. Andy hated the movie, and left a few times during the movie to do other things. Maybe if they had sped it up, left out all the nudity and vulgarity (they can allude to that stuff without showing it, you know?), and if Brad Pitt had gone and found that English guy that had the bus take off and done what he said he was going to do to him ;)... then it might have been okay to watch.

I really need to go BACK to doing research on the movies I watch BEFORE I watch them. I was doing that for a while and avoided many movies that I'm sure were not worth my time. Yeah... that's my plan - I'm back to pre-research before I watch anything! LOL :)

Petra said...

If it wasn't clear on that last comment, I was talking about the movie, Babel.

Matthew said...

LOL... I did say, "was kind of slow starting, but it wasn't bad"... I actually liked it though. I watched it twice actually... :) Which I rarely do.