Sunday, February 25, 2007

Tree...

So I'm about to have some grading work done in the front, and the tree right in front of our house had to go. I didn't want to cut it down myself because it leaned heavily towards the house. So my neighbor said he would cut it down, he used to do it for a living. I was like, okay, why not, it will save me about a thousand dollars off the work I'm having done in the front.

So today we decided to drop it, he hooked up all the ropes and the come along and started cutting. Then he decided we needed another come along, so I went to Home Depot to get one. Got back, hooked it up, then the wind started gusting. So now it's like, hmm, there is about a 50 - 50 chance the tree could now fall towards the house. So he told me to go pull my vehicles in the garage, that's when I was thinking, hmm, maybe that thousand I 'thought' I would be saving is going to be like peanuts compared to the costs of repairing the house, because I'm not sure, but if you cut a tree down in your yard and it falls on your house, I doubt the insurance would pay for it...

So anyway, finally about two hours later we got the tree down, and it fell right where we wanted it to. The kids are ecstatic and are now climbing on it... Luckily, my house is still in one piece! :)

Tree, right where we wanted it, whew!

I'm sure the kids will be climbing on that thing until I cut it up next weekend... :)

8 comments:

Matthew said...

LOL... Yes, but not for long! I'll hopefully be posting pics in the next week or so of a 'finally' finished front yard... :)

Joshua Goodling said...

Phew! I bet that was a bit nerve wracking for a few moments!! :)

Sounds like fun! NOT

Matthew said...

Yeah, no kidding... I was a bit tense there for a bit. I think my neighbor, about half way into the whole thing was WISHING he had never offered to do it... Luckily it worked out... :)

Petra said...

lol... glad the tree didn't land on the house :) can't wait to see photos of the finished yard! :)

Daniel said...

It's cool that you stated your belief. A lot of people would have duck and ran on that one. . . or at least wanted to change the subject. I hope you can help steer him in the right direction!

Daniel said...

That comment applies to the previous post. . . sorry about that.

Matthew said...

I was smart enough to figure that out Daniel... :)

I was never one to 'steer clear' of any topic... Hopefully he will change his mind.

Tim said...

Glad the tree fell right. I worry about ourt house at times. We have 4 towering trees looming over it and it would be smooshed if they fell. Of course the house has been there since the 60s I think so maybe if they havn't they won't :P.