Friday, February 09, 2007

My Night...

So I got home from work today, and my kids told me they were going to the 'Valentine Dance' at their school... Or at least Chance and Taylor were... Chance had a friend whose mom was coming to get him and Taylor was going with our new neighbors... That left Tanner. Tanner came to me and said that he wanted to go as well, so what could I do but take him? So I did. I detest going to these events, but I had no choice... So off Taylor went with her friend next door, and Chance's friend's mom came and collected him, off Tanner and I went... He was so excited, it was worth it to go just to see his reaction! He told me when we got out of the car at the school, "Thanks Dad for taking me!", and that alone was worth it along with seeing him so happy! I took a few pics:

I'm amazed I got this picture, but the boy had just given Taylor that flower. I heard Sarah (Taylor's friend from next door) tell her mom and dad that Taylor's boyfriend had just given her a flower... Cute!

They had a hula hupe contest, Chance actually made it to the finals... He was rather proud of himself, as was I since he NEVER uses one... He nearly won, but came short... Still did a good job!

Tanner did quite well also! He didn't make the finals, but he got it on better than most of them did... He was quite amazing actually when they had to start going side to side and back and forth...

So we ended up having a good time! The kids had a blast! I was glad to get home though! Taylor is spending the night at her friends house, one of Chance's friends is staying here... All in all, I guess it was a good night. Particularly for the school, they charge for everything, have tons of trinkets for sale that the kids want, and also had a book fair... I only spent about 30 bucks though... Could have been worse...

4 comments:

Jackie said...

That is great!! Looks like a great time!

Did you get out and get DOWN on the dance floor?? :D We want to see your moves at the wedding :D

Matthew said...

LOL... No, I didn't get out and get DOWN... :) I'm saving my moves for the wedding!! :)

Petra said...

Great photos! Sounds like a fun time for the kids. :)

Matthew said...

LOL... Yeah, me too! :)