Monday, February 19, 2007

Mitt Romney...

Yeah, I know, I said I thought this guy was it... I'm now taking that back... His Mormon religion will cost him the Presidency... If he wasn't a Mormon, I'd say he would have it...

Some nut job, Joseph Smith came up with the whole Mormon religion, I'm not real sure of all the details, but here are some... So apparently Joe had some sort of theophany in his early teens, or the 'first vision' as the Mormons call it. From what I understand about the whole Mormon religion, he saw a light that appeared in his room, then a 'person' appeared and told him that God had a work for him to do, the work involved some gold plates that contained the account of the 'former inhabitents' of this continent (maybe the whole world, the story I read said continent), and also something about silver bows that would act as 'seers' to help him translate the story, or something (I've not studied it that much, I don't care that much about lunatics)... It just so happened that the 'plates' were only several miles from his house... Anyway, he retrieved the plates, then proceeded home, was attacked several times, yet managed to thwart his assailents (while carrying over 200 lbs of gold tablets according to his dimensions and the weight of gold)... So imagine for a moment, finding golden tablets weighing over 200 lbs, then leaping merrily the three miles home, fending off three various assailents, quite a feat...Whatever... Then there were more visions, the angel took the plates, so no one could verify them, and this guy had his own religion... A lot of people drank the kool-aid... I'm tired of reading about the story, kind of reminds me of Scientology, where Hubbard was the 'only' one who had the privilege of 'seeing' what happened with Xenu and the resulting thetans... Wow... People that say Romneys religion won't be an issue just need to wait... Wait until the videos of Joe secretly getting the 'golden plates' from the 'angel' and then dancing merrily through the woods while fighting off assailents carrying 200 lbs worth of gold, then the angels taking the 'evidence' and Joe passing out the kool-aid start showing up on YouTube... Oh, and the video will end with Mitt drinking the kool-aid... Yeah Mitt, you have an issue...

15 comments:

Matthew said...

Okay, I couldn't help it, I did do more reading on it... Mormonism is a cult. They say they are Christians, they are not. They deny the deity of Jesus Christ. While you hear Mitt Romney running around the country trying to say that we're Christians just like everyone else, they are anything but... A true Christians authority lies in God and the Holy Bible, while the Mormons final authority lies in the writings of the lunatic Joesph Smiths writings... Stunning how so many people believe in people like Joseph Smith and L. Ron Hubbard... There are even reports that Joe Smith was a criminal, he engaged in witchcraft and other occult practices... It should be interesting to see how the story of Joseph Smith plays out in Mitt Romneys campaign, I'm sure it will come out...

Joshua Goodling said...

Yes, Mormonism is a cult. They're just like Catholics and others who "claim" they are Christians, but yet they are FAR from what a Christian is. The Bible plainly says "Thou shalt have NO OTHER gods before Me!" And the Mormons believe they can become gods themselves. They basically believe that since God became a "man" that man can become "gods.

They also believe that instead of God being one God (God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit) - they believe that they are all 3 "different" Gods which in turn form the "Divine Godhead" (3 members of the Godhead united).

They have a LOT of other beliefs too which I won't take time to go into.

But, yes I think you're absolutely correct - Mitt Romney will never be President because he is a Mormon.

Alma Allred said...

A couple of things--the idea that the gold plates weighed 200 pounds comes from people who think they had to have been a solid block of gold. Those who claimed to have held the plates said they weighed 40-50 pounds. Also, Mormons don't deny the divinity of Christ. The first page of the Book of Mormon says that the purpose of the book is to convince people that "Jesus is the Christ, the ETERNAL GOD." (caps in original.)

Matthew said...

Not sure who you are there alma, but perhaps you should look up the word deity... Also, don't quote anything from the book of mormon to me, it's a crock, written by a lunatic...

Matthew said...

I'm not going to btw, get into a theological discussion with any moron who buys into the ravings of that lunatic Smith, you can start here though if you are interested:

Start here...

Petra said...

Yeah the Mormon religion is bizarre to me. I've talked to Mormons before, and the ones I've spoken to really had no clue what the doctines of their religion said. They just were raised that way and had been brainwashed. They didn't even know about the "holy underwear".

It blows my mind there are people who believe in Mormonism and/or Scientology. They're just like the wackos in Waco who followed David Karesh. Or the koolaid drinkers from a few years ago, which you referenced. The Mormon's though, who CLAIM to believe the Bible as well as the book of mormon - one would think that if they actually READ the Bible, that they would see how much the book of mormon and Joseph Smith are discredited. Perhaps their religion prohibits them from reading the Bible?

Daniel said...

Pictures I've seen of Joseph Smith - he looks like Lucifer to me. Not that I've seen Lucifer, but for some reason - I just get that sense when I look at images of Smith.

See him here - http://www.nndb.com/people/942/000055777/

Petra said...

Daniel - I think it's his eyes. They seem hollow and possessed.

I didn't realize Joseph Smith was just 39 when he was killed. And his son... wow! "Committed to the Northern Illinois Hospital and Asylum for the Insane at Elgin, Illinois (January 1877), dying there almost 30 years later." I wonder what he was committed for (not enough to actually research it though). :)

Matthew said...

Certainly looks like a lunatic...

He (the son) had some sort of a breakdown, doesn't really say why, not that I spent that much time looking... :)

Andrea said...

You should watch the South Park about Mormanism. They do such a good job about just showing how stupid those religions are. The one about Scientology is good too.

Matthew said...

I went to TouTube to watch it, and I was a few days too late... :(

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International, Inc."

Matthew said...

Well, the video isn't on Comedy Central's site, could they be being PC perhaps?

Better than nothing though I suppose:

All About The Mormons...

Matthew said...

I love the Internet...

South Park episode 712...

Caution: If you find foul language offensive, don't watch...

Stunning though how people actually believe this nonsense...

Tim said...

Yes, Joe does look a little scary, I think I had read somewhere about him being involved in witchcraft too.

Matthew said...

Yeah Titus, the 'dumb, dumb, dumb' pretty much summed it up I think... It's stunning to me how the idiots who start these "religions" like Mormonism and Scientology (yeah, I think they are both equally stupid and insane) get people to follow them...

Lot of Kool-Aid drinkers out there though...