Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Average Consumer...

Is an idiot! I've been planning the entertainment center I'm about to build, in my mind of course... :) So I thought it would be rather cool to have a plasma TV in the middle on one of those TV lifts, so it could be raised or lowered... I started looking at lifts, and all the places I looked at only sold to wholesalers. I finally e-mailed one and asked if anyone in Atlanta sold them. Of course he sent me back a few links of companies that build the furniture with the lifts in them. I e-mailed him back and told him, "I am building my own furniture, does anyone sell the lifts?" He obviously didn't understand, but then I'm sure he's a moron as well. Of course once I e-mailed him back, he then responded with a, "Hey Matthew, Sorry for the confusion, here is our price list, and here are the instructions to get setup as a wholesaler"... I guess he thought that I was going to be building more than one of them. I'm not! The lifts are two thousand dollars and up! Are you kidding me? I could build one myself for FAR less than that! It lifts a TV up and down?!? $2K? Whatever... The technology required to lift a TV up and down is so simple, I would think that the stupidest of people could grasp the concept... So I'm still looking, oh, I'm NOT your average consumer, therefore the title... :)

8 comments:

Daniel said...

"but then I'm sure he's a moron as well." lol

Petra said...

LOL!

Matthew said...

I would agree somewhat Titus, but I don't think they 'place' it on themselves, it's 'placed' on them by society/business/whatever and they just accept it as the 'thing to do and the way to operate'... Idiots though nonetheless...

Matthew said...

LOL... I don't think it's a conscious choice. I think most people are so stupid, it becomes an unconscious choice determined by the best ads/marketing/PR/etc... I think we actually do agree on quite a few things, just arrive at our conclusions via different methods... Provides for interesting conversation though! :)

Daniel said...

I personally think that Matt just likes to disagree with people, especially Titus. . . ? :)

Matthew said...

LOL... It's not that I like to Daniel, it's just that I happen to... :)

Tim said...

Matt, try LeRoy. He is still listed as a wholesaler and buys things for the museum at a discount.

Tim said...

I agree with both Matt and Titus :). I think some people are constrained by society and some people choose to let society constrain them. I do not think it works to lump people all together into one category, unless we are talking about the sinner category :P