Friday, March 02, 2007

Everyone Else Does It...

Blog once or twice a week that is, if that! I may start doing that myself, who knows, I really just blog when I feel like it, not sure why I do right now, but I do, so who knows? Maybe I should apply for a government grant to do a study on what makes people want to write stuff that the entire world can see? Hmmm... I almost think I could probably get it, I'll put that on the back burner...

How about the bus that drove straight off the freaking ramp near where I work and the six people that died?? What a tragedy! Sorry to say, I was kind of irritated this morning that it took me over two hours to get to work because they shut down I-75, but the moment that thought entered my mind, I was like, "Hello Matthew, you are alive, aren't you?". Sad really, I've seen the video, and I know the section of Interstate well, and it looks like the driver was not paying attention, and literally thought he was tooling down the highway, and literally just drove the bus off the ramp and crashed to I-75 below... I guess no one will ever know what happened really though, because he died in the accident.

Changing the subject, when it's your time to go, that's it! Could happen in any number of ways: bus driver doesn't see that the lane ends; filing papers on the 88th floor of the World Trade Center and a Boeing hits you from behind; tornado tears through your school without warning; on and on I could go. The only thing I hope everyone did was, make sure they are ready to go! I'm not sure what anyone else thinks about when they hear about people dying, the thing that immediately enters my mind is, I wonder if they were saved? My thoughts then go to people who don't believe there is a heaven or hell. I think to myself, well if they didn't believe in heaven or hell, they must have gone to hell, what is the thought process there? I recall the story of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man obviously had thought processes in hell, he begged for just a drop of water. That could probably be a post in and of itself, I'll save that for Daniel, he does good with posts like that! (Excellent post today Daniel, I'll comment after I have thought about it for a second... :)

Anyway, just a few thoughts, I'm busy trying to get two rooms ready for carpet installation... :)

2 comments:

Petra said...

I blog more than once or twice a week. :)

I think that too, when I hear people have died, and I usually say a prayer for their families. It's so sad that so many aren't ready.

Matthew said...

LOL... Yeah, you are one of the few though Petra.