Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Zero Tolerance...

So normally we would be out right now going from house to house, getting candy... We decided not to this year because we now feel that it is the Devil's holiday and we as people who believe in God and His Holy Word should not only not participate, but we should shun the holiday altogether. My kids still tonight feel the same way:


So they decided to play with cars and trucks instead! I commend my children for listening to me read them the evidence as to why we should not participate in the holiday in any way, shape or form, but for also not succumbing to the worldly vision and hounding me about why they cannot dress up and participate like all the other kids... It was actually their decision not to btw...

They are as I write this having a great time upstairs playing. Luckily no one has knocked on the door requesting candy, because I'm not sure what I would have done. We did not buy candy to pass out, I guess I would have done what my kids have done and told them that it is the Devil's holiday, and we don't think we as believers in God should participate... Then maybe I would ask if anyone had any questions... Maybe have the chance to witness.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

No, I didn't 'stage' that photo... I walked into my kids room to see what they were doing, I saw them playing, and I told them, "I'm going to get my camera to take a picture"... I heard Chance say, "Quick, line the cars up, he'll be back in a minute"...

Joshua Goodling said...

That's funny - about the cars :)

Yeah, I didn't buy any candy to pass out either - not that I ever have any trick-or-treators in my condo complex anywho....in fact I've never seen a kid here....I think it's all mainly single people, young marrieds, or elderly people.

Petra said...

Cute photo of the kids; I'm glad they had fun tonight - looks like they are playing well together. :) By the way, Taylor looks so tall!!! She has really grown since spring!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we had our porch light off, so no children of the night came to blackmail us into giving them candy.