Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hypocrisy...

You know, I know a LOT about hypocrisy having grown up in Baptist churches and even from some of my own family members, but the Democrats take the freaking cake when it comes to hypocrisy... This whole issue with Foley, yeah, he is wrong and a pervert, but for them to act so sactimonious as if no Democrat has ever done that, there was a Dem that not only played with the pages, but had sex with a 17 year old one not that long ago, what did the Dems do? They promoted him and gave him a leadership position, and they act outraged about this?? I'm not saying it's right, but you cannot have two standards... At least with the Republicans, they resign, the Dems, they refuse, even if they had sex with a page or are caught with their hand in the freezer with $100K in bribe money... This I think was a political ploy because they are so desperate to regain power, and they know they cannot do it on their stance on issues or their 'plan' for our future, because they basically don't have one... Of course I'm disgusted with the Republicans as well, they have squandered their leadership and done pretty much nothing... The people who made Frist the leader of the Senate were idiots, he has been a worthless leader... Hastert?? He needs to lay off the twinkies and start doing something... Here is what I hope happens, I think the Republicans need to lose control of the House, but I hope they retain control of the Senate, which I think they will do. It should be a wake up call... Can we survive a few years with Pelosi as speaker of the House? We survived Carter's Presidency, no? So yes, of course we will... If I was in charge, I'd send them all home and say start over... I know that these nasty politics are here for now, possibly to stay, but wow... Are Americans THAT damn stupid?? Is everyone SO busy playing video games and watching American Idol to give a shit what happens to this Country?? I say yes!! We'll see what happens, but it will get MUCH more nastier in the next few weeks...

4 comments:

Petra said...

twinkies... YUM! :D

Matthew said...

Twinkies huh? That's the reason the Democrats will likely win the House and possibly the Senate, no one cares... Hopefully everyone is comfortable with Pelosi as the Speaker of the House...

Petra said...

Not that I don't care (although Twinkies do sound good - not to self: add Twinkies to grocery list :D). I do think you are right about so many Americans being completely oblivious to the world around them. I'm sure politics will always be nasty though. Too bad more honest people don't get into politics!!!

Matthew said...

LOL... You are right, but the reason more good, honest people don't get into politics is because they don't want people airing publicly everything they or their family did for the past 40 years...

I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I think it is like only 18 - 20% of Americans actually vote in mid-term elections...