Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Technorati, etc...

So I spent a week trying to get Technorati to actually say when my blog was updated, rather than 'Updated 352 days ago'... Of course I didn't literally spend the whole week doing that, but did attempt a few times each day... Anyway, I FINALLY got it working...

I've realized that I have not kept up with some of the Internet technologies like I would have liked to, and now I'm paying for it... I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love new technology... Of course working in IT, I guess that's a good thing, it would suck if I didn't like it...

Just simple things though, that you would think I would know by now, I don't... :( I can barely even make changes to my blog, although I'm starting to just experiment more, I need to start another blog for nothing more than to just try different things out... Luckily I'm a quick learner, you meet some people who can still barely even turn their computers on and create a simple spreadsheet or other Office document, and it's like, "You know, maybe you should persue something else..."

Another topic that has always interested me is the markets... Not just stocks, but futures, commodities, hedge funds, all of it! I used to daytrade a few years ago when that was the 'thing' to do, and have decided to start paying more attention to that interest of mine, although I'll trade on paper this time first... :) I did start a blog about it... Should be easy to find... :)

I do subscribe to a few investing magazines (I use my Delta SkyMiles :) but the last subscription I had to Barron's, I never even looked at a single issue of it... I guess I'm just too used to getting my info online... By the time Barron's land's at the end of the driveway, as far as I'm concerned it's old news... We'll see how the whole investing thing goes again... Should be fun anyway! :)

2 comments:

Petra said...

I have absolutely no interest in the market, but I do like technology. You're right though - it's hard to keep up, especially if you slack off like me. :)

Matthew said...

LOL... I really don't know many who are, but it has always fascinated me... Not sure why...

I probably have more books on economics, the stock market, etc than I do anything... You could probably actually divide my entire book collection up into five different categories: economics (all areas), technology (all areas), study of the Bible, building/remodeling/gardening/landscaping (not sure if those all fit in the same category or not) and fiction, with of course the other books I have on writing, the mind, reference of course, etc...

I love to read, and when I meet people who do not, it always amazes me... Not sure why, since I do realize that most people don't...