Monday, October 30, 2006

The Devil's Holiday...

That's what my kids call it... After we had decided to not participate in any way, shape or form, I had wondered how my kids would react as it drew nearer... Actually I'm amazed that I've not had a call from the school or an attorney yet, as my kids go to school and tell their friends that it is the Devil's holiday, and they ask them why they participate... I just called them all down to my office, and we had a little talk, because I know that tomorrow they will get it from all sides... They are unanimous still, they do not want to participate in "the Devil's holiday"! Kudos to them! So we will just hang out at home, I'm sure I'll tell them some stories, the Judgement Seat of Christ came up this evening while we were talking, maybe I'll tell them that one...

5 comments:

Matthew said...

I guess the reason that the school hasn't called is I'm fairly visible at the school... I take my kids in every morning, Carolyn and I are room parents, and we always help out when needed... I just put all my kids to bed and Tanner out of the blue told me, "Dad, the kids in my class all think you are nice"...

Joshua Goodling said...

That's awesome! I'm happy to hear that the kids are with you on this. It will be interesting to hear what comes as a result of this....of course sometimes we never hear....but the effect we can have on other people's lives just by taking a stand is amazing!

Good Job!!

Anonymous said...

Matt, the way you say things cracks me up! Anyway, I agree (obviously) with the "Devil's Holiday" notion - in fact, I think everyone should stay home and pray as this will be an intensely active day for witchcraft, demons, etc. I love that the kids are telling everyone it's the Devil's Holiday - that's great. The more I think of it, the more true it is - who else would want simulated dead bodies (eg, mummies and skeletons) littering the streets and homes?

I guess Petra isn't going to say anything more since you are taking a "zero-participation" stand and she is taking the "Christian substitution" route. Is it an agree to disagree on that issue, Petra? I was ready to witness a knock-down-drag-out between you two - lol, well, not really. . .

Petra said...

LOL Daniel! Yep, we are taking the "Christian substitution" route that I see absolutely nothing wrong with. The kids and I will be heading over to the church around 6:00 tonight. :)

Matthew said...

LOL Daniel... Of course I don't see how one can participate based on what I read, but I doubt there will be a 'knock-down-drag-out'... :)

If we all believed exactly the same way on every little issue, it would likely be a fairly boring place...