Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Digital Pictures...

Okay, so Google just bought YouTube... Many are talking about it, I realize that YouTube was one of the most popular sites on the web and of course the owners (who started it out of their garage) are now billionaires... Of course anyone thinking, "Hmmm... I should start a site like that", the guys who started it were spending nearly $1.5 million a month in traffic and hosting fees... So yes, it does cost some money to make money... You know what I want? Whoever comes up with it, I'm sure will be the 'next big success' company... I want a program that can sort my digital photos and actually do it so that I can find the picture I'm looking for... I have nearly a quarter of a million digital photos and I can NEVER find the one I am looking for! Every time a new program comes out that claims it can 'sort and organize' my digital photos, I ALWAYS download it and put it to the task, it ALWAYS fails miserably! I just downloaded two more yesterday though, so I'll put them to the test and let you know how they work out, I'm not getting too excited just yet though, I'll let you know how they work out... :)

6 comments:

Matthew said...

I will say that one of the best ones I've used thus far though is Microsoft Digital Image... There is the free edition and of course the one you have to pay for... Of course I use the free one, and it's still better than most I've tried...

Petra said...

i can never find the photos i'm looking for either. i have them organized by date, but i can never figure out what the date on a photo was without searching through many folders. i know many scrapbookers, who are usually photo fanatics like me, and a lot of them sort their photos by date onto CD or DVD and then put them in a binder with a sheet of index prints that correlates with what photos are on the CD. sounds good in theory - but you know how long that would take to do???

Matthew said...

LOL... No kidding! For years I dated the folders, now I put the date and the event (Bday, camping, etc)... Makes it a little easier... I still want some sort of facial recognition/sorter program... :)

I'm sure someone will create it and become a gazillionaire, but who cares, I just want the software!

Matthew said...

Well, I just found a photo finder/sorter that appears to be fairly good - although it's still searching all the PC's in my house for photos and eliminating duplicates (something the others I've tried were not that hot at)

Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0

Best of all, it's free! The verdict is still out though, I'll let you know how it works after it finds and catalogs them all... :)

Matthew said...

Best program I've used yet... Very quick, does not show duplicates... I'm still playing with it though...

Petra said...

Oh, I asked what the program was on the flashback post. :) Guess I should have read ahead! Let me know your consensus when you are through! :)