Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wow, What A Day...

It's supposed to rain tonight, so I HAD to get the cover on the septic tank! Of course we spent the morning at the hospital, Carolyn was having a test but I had to be there to drive her home afterwards... We had to be there at 7:30 AM, so I had to keep the kids out of school, because to get to the hospital at that time we had to leave the house at 6:30 AM. Luckily everything was fine!! Then I spent several hours trying to find someone to fix the Bobcat, no luck. So I had to rent one from Home Depot. Sucks having to rent one when I've GOT one sitting in my backyard... I did however find a guy that will fix it, I just have to bring it to him. So I stopped at the Tractor Company and bought some chains and tie downs so I can move the thing... Which is actually good, because if I didn't have the chains, I WOULD NOT have got the lid on the septic tank!

I dragged the old lid to the back, and am about to put the lid in place, Tanner helped me get the hook on because it came off...

I set it down almost perfectly, but had to drag it back about a half inch... LUCKILY I had those chains!!

The morons who tried to charge me $3K broke my drain pipe that the downspout from the gutter drains into... So I had to replace that! I might try to get them to pay for it, but we'll see...

What a pain! I finally got it working though... I'm actually kind of glad they broke it because there was a LOT of crap in the pipe and I was able to clean it out pretty good.

Filling it back in!! The kids had a blast riding with me! I got it all smoothed out and it's ready for seed! I'm SO GLAD that chore is done, you can't even make it up!! So that's how I spent my day! :)

6 comments:

Petra said...

Sounds like a really fun day. I didn't even know you had a septic tank before these posts. Have you never had to have it emptied before? And why does the whole ground have to be dug up to get to it? I know nothing about septic tanks (which I'm actually glad for). :)

Titus said...

wow. what a day! what's up with carolyn? is she okay, or was it just a checkup?

Matthew said...

Oh yeah, a REALLY fun day! Yes, everyone in my subdivision has a septic tank. I had not ever had it emptied though, and figured I would... That's when the issues started, when those bozos came out and dug up my lawn because they "couldn't find it"...

Carolyn is fine! It was a test her doctor wanted her to have as a result of our trip to the ER a few weeks ago. Everything turned out great, and no issues! So that is good!

Matthew said...

LOL! They have to dig up the yard to get to the tank Petra! :)

Petra said...

Okay, but why is the entrance to the septic tank buried so deeply? Just seems odd to me, that's all. :)

p.s. I'm glad Carolyn is okay. :)

Matthew said...

Not sure on that one Petra, since I didn't build the house... :)