Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Family Website...

So there has been some talk from various family members about having a family website. There would be a main page, and you would be able to link to each of the various families pages from the main page, each family though would be able to update and do whatever they wanted to their page... There are enough people in the family that can put web pages together, that I'm sure assistance would be available for those who needed it. The question I guess is, who is interested?

The main page would be a collaborative effort I suppose, I don't think anyone has thought much yet as to design, etc, just trying to see if there is any interest... So I've been instructed to throw out the idea... :)

I think it's a great idea! I just wonder how many would participate? Each families page could be as simple as an updated photo, would not have to be anything fancy, and of course you could get as fancy as you wanted, with dates important to your family, photo albums, pictures of events your family attended, etc... The ideas are limitless, and each families page could really be whatever they wanted.

So if anyone is interested, here is the forum, thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

10 comments:

Joshua Goodling said...

I think this could be good. The question being - Would everyone keep up with it.

As I mentioned to Daniel and Matthew when we discussed this earlier - if people are just not going to keep up with it and take the time, then I don't think it's worth the trouble.

A few people in the family already have their own "family" blogs/sites...so I guess many of them would be willing to add to this one as well, since they could just use their site as a link off the family site.

Matthew said...

I'll keep up with mine! :)

Petra said...

Like you mentioned earlier, if it's just going to be the people that already have blogs - then what's the point? But if more would be involved then I think it's a great idea! I could even link to the Woods' genealogy research that I've done (project of updating and adding to that is in my head and hope to have it on the computer in the near future).

Matthew said...

Therefore the post Petra... :)

If it's just the people who comment on the blogs and the people who have blogs, whats the point... It is a great idea though, we'll see if anyone is interested...

Daniel said...

it may just be the four of us. . . lol

Matthew said...

I suspect you are probably correct there Daniel...

Tim said...

my site could be linked too, I keep up pretty well considering my schedule :)

Petra said...

well if we're just linking the sites we already have, how about matthewsopinion.blogspot.com? Since the links are already there??? :)

Joshua Goodling said...

Yeah - judging from the HUGE response (with the exception of the "regulars") - I don't really think it's worth the effort to create a new site.

Matthew said...

LOL Petra! Yeah Joshua, I'd have to say you are correct there! :)