Sunday, April 08, 2007

No, I Didn't Finish...

I tried though... :) I made several critical errors, and had to redo some things... Happens when you don't measure things like, oh, the dvd player that is going to go in the cabinet...

That's as far as I got... :(

Hopefully I'll finish it this week, although projects like this, if I don't finish them on the weekend, tend to 'wait' until the next weekend, we'll see... :) If you look at the picture, you can see where I screwed up and had to move those white squares over... I'm just glad I caught the error before I was done. It would not have been fun to take the thing upstairs and find out the dvd player would not fit in it...

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Of course I might add that I am building this thing on the fly in my head as I build it... :) Based loosely on a few designs I've seen...

Petra said...

Yeah, I think if I was building something like that (which I wouldn't be) and I finished and the DVD player didn't fit - I'd buy a smaller DVD player rather than take the thing apart. LOL Looks like it'll look great when you are finished though! :)

Matthew said...

LOL Petra! Yeah, I suppose I would have, but it's not just the dvd player, it's also the surround sound component, etc as well...