Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Front Yard...

Well, it's only taken about six years, but we are almost there! Of course the 'vision' for what we wanted it to look like has changed quite a bit over the years... :) Cory came over last night and stayed and then this morning he got on the skid steer and went to work... He got rid of that huge pile of dirt that was in my front yard and pretty much leveled the entire area in the front so we can sow seed Saturday... Yippee!!

A shot from near the end of the driveway... We still have to go down there Saturday and clean up any roots and rocks that are laying around, maybe do a little raking... You can't really tell from this shot, but Cory also filled in all the ruts near the house, so I'll have to actually reseed the entire lawn almost! :( Oh well! It will look GREAT in about 2 or 3 weeks!

From the other side... There are several groupings of trees down there, so I'll just lay landscape fabric down and put down pine straw... Or let Cory do it... :)

I'm sure in a few weeks I'll have a post saying: "Yippee! My grass is growing!" :)

Of course now I have to go build something for the annual Spring Fling at the kids school, which is tomorrow night... It's amazing how many parents never help out at these events. Of course everyone knows that if they ask me I'll do it. It's always a fun affair for the kids though, and I really don't mind doing it! So you can expect pics from the Spring Fling tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

Titus said...

lawn looks great! cory has a riding lawn mower then? :)

Matthew said...

LOL! Yes, I'm not sure if the whole "I'll have 5 times the lawn to cut" has set in yet... :)

Matthew said...

I wonder if the price will go up? :)

Titus said...

if he reads your blog, i'm sure it will! :)

Petra said...

Looking good. I'm sure you're excited to finally have it almost done! :)

Um, yeah - I never volunteer at those events. Basically because I always have a little one to deal with so it would be too much hassle. I'm sure I'll volunteer more when all the kids are school age though. :)

Joshua Goodling said...

That will look really nice when it's all done! Lot of work though :-).