Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Quotes, Sayings, Etc...

Remember a funny quote that a family member used to use? Doesn't even have to be a funny one. A saying that reminds you of a family member? Something a family member says all the time that reminds you of them when you hear it? You get the gist, no? That's what Titus and Jackie are looking for. Send them in! You can either post them here, or e-mail them to Titus or Jackie. If you need the e-mail address, e-mail me and I'll send it to you... Should be lots of fun, I've already thought of several I'll be sending over... :) They are going to have them printed on little placards that will be laying on the tables for the reception, come on guys, let's hear them... :)

11 comments:

Daniel said...

hmmm. . . you got me there. . . can't think of anything. . . aside from my mom's "oh brother" which I think is common throughout the fam.

Daniel said...

I always enjoyed hearing Grandma call somebody a "drip."

Petra said...

ummmm... Yeah, I'm stumped too.

Although, I was reminded the other day of Grandma Woods saying "Oh my stars" (something Brittany brought up) and sometimes she would add a couple lines: "Oh my stars, How does Mars, Make such good, Candy bars". Yeah. I guess it must have been an ad back in her day? When I told Brittany about it, all she had to say was "Wow!" LOL

Matthew said...

Everyone's stumped then - huh?

I wonder if phrases such as "Mind Boggling" qualify? :)

Petra said...

Yes! Mind boggling definitely counts. Matt has other phrases too: "it's nauseating" and "Are you kidding me?" :)

Matthew said...

"If one man can do it, so can another."

Certainly can't claim credit for that one, but I kind of 'adopted' it... :)

From the movie 'The Edge'.

Tim said...

Ummm, thinking on this one. Will get back later

Jackie said...

One I can say I hear/overhear often is: You can't even make this "BLEEP" up on a good day!!

As that is a fun one, LOL not really what we are looking for :D We want some about love or marriage or family.

My cousin had a good one... "don't ever go to bed mad, stay up and fight it out!" :D still thinking about that one :D

Matthew said...

LOL Jackie! That's one of my favorites:

'You can't even make this "BLEEP" up on a good day'

Jackie said...

LOL, matt. There are a few others that I hear often, but like I said we are looking for sweet ones :D

Matthew said...

All comments are welcome Marci! :)