Saturday, March 10, 2007

Have I Mentioned...

How much I HATE painting? Well, today I started painting all the baseboard, door trim, etc... I'm barely halfway done...

There were a gazillion of these things to paint...

Of course I still had that tree laying in my front yard that needed to be cut up. Then I got a phone call from one of my neighbors asking me if I wanted it. I told him, well, I was going to cut it up for firewood, but if you want it, come get it. I've got some people coming out Monday with dirt, so it had to be gone by then. He came over and cut it up. I helped him a bit as did the kids. It's gone now though thankfully. One less thing I have to do.

One of my neighbors cutting the tree up. He saved me a TON of work!

Of course while I was painting, etc. Chance and Nate kept coming in the garage asking if they could use this board and that one. I finally told them, you can use all those boards over there. Some time later, Chance and Nate came running up to me and Chance was like, "Dad, I know you will probably say no, but can Nate and I sleep in the fort we made tonight?". I was like, "Yeah, I guess so.". A while later, I decided to actually go look at 'the fort'.

'The fort'... I was like, "You guys actually WANT to sleep in that??" Of course they said they did.

I told them, you can play in it for a few more hours, but you'll sleep inside! I would never willingly sleep in something like that. Boys will be boys I know, but still... Well, back to painting... :(

7 comments:

Matthew said...

So Chance just came running in and asked for a band-aid. I said why? I guess someone scratched themselves. I gave him some, then told him that I better not find the wrappers on the ground. He was like, "Don't worry Dad, we have a trash can in our fort.".

They are out there 'covering' all the holes, I guess thinking that I just might let them sleep out there if they do. I asked him what they were covering the holes with, he looked at me like I was a moron, and replied, "With boards, what else?". Hilarious...

Petra said...

LOL. Kids are hysterical. I love it when my kids give me that look when I ask them stupid questions too. Haha!! Their fort doesn't look half bad though - I'm sure Justice would have asked to sleep in it as well. :)

Joshua Goodling said...

Yeah, that fort looks a bit shaky to be sleeping outside in :) But then, after the cabins and tents we lived in...... hahah.

Hope you're having fun with all the painting!! How's the new carpet look?

Matthew said...

LOL Joshua... I was about to going to make a comment about them sleeping out there, but then I thought, "Um, we used to sleep in those cabins, what's the difference?"... :)

Matthew said...

"about to going to" I know that doesn't make sense to me either... :)

Joe said...

Wow!! They are creative!! Its great when kids make there own fun!! It would be a little drafty on these cool night though!!

Tim said...

Great fort. I'll show it to Nick and Nathaniel.