Sunday, March 11, 2007

No, I Don't Have Much To Say, Again...

Sad to say, but I barely know what's going on in the news right now... I read the highlights of course, but I'm just trying to get these rooms done. So there I was, painting away (ugghh! Yeah, I'm STILL painting!)



It's AMAZING how much has to be painted to trim out those two rooms!

So then I all of a sudden realized, wait a minute! I have people coming out with dirt in the AM to fill in the front. LUCKILY I had some of that drainage hose, because if not, it would have meant another trip to Home Depot. I had two drains in the front that needed to be extended or else it would have meant MAJOR drainage issues later if I had come home from work tomorrow and the dirt was there, and underneath, the soon to be clogged drains... Whew! I'm SO glad I remembered that, or else I would have been digging later to find them...

The other side looks pretty much the same, but I ran that drainage hose on each side far enough beyond where they are filling in so I can do something with it later. Pretty crude, but better than later wondering why I have issues with drainage, then it all of a sudden dawning on me, "Oh yeah, I forgot to do that, and they are blocked now"

Chance and Nate did a LOT of work on their fort today, I don't have a pic, but it doesn't look half bad. Now EVERYONE wants to be in the 'fort'. I had to finally go up there and work out a solution between my kids and the neighborhood kids. Speaking of neighborhood kids, one of them (Nate) has literally been over here for two whole days. Has gone with us to eat, to the store, went with us to church this morning... Stunning!

3 comments:

Petra said...

Where are Nate's parents? I'm sure I wouldn't have thought of the drainage issues, which is one of the reasons I leave that type of stuff to Andy. LOL

Matthew said...

His parent's work during the day, and run a little pizza joint at night... Amazing!

Jackie said...

gotta to love the weekend chores :D
Now that it is so nice out, titus has been busy working on all his little projects and keeping everything beautiful!!