Saturday, March 24, 2007

Ever Get Sidetracked??

I got SO tired of working inside, I decided to start yet another project. We pretty much live outside when it is warm enough, and I decided to make a little patio in the front where we had some wicker furniture, which we sit in all the time I might add. WOW! I almost wish I had stayed inside! If you have never been to Georgia, the clay here is almost like concrete. So I've got to dig down about four inches in order to put gravel and sand to lay the pavers on. So I started with the little tiller I had...

Tanner and Taylor are quite excited about the project...

Chance had a friend over, so wasn't that interested. I've marked out where the patio will be...

Me with my little tiller, I spent three hours with that thing and barely made a dent in the clay...

Tanner and Nate decided they wanted to help, so I let them load the dirt in the wheel barrow...

The little tiller I had actually broke in half while trying to do the work. So I was like, you know, and went to Home Depot and rented a real tiller. You can't really tell from the photo because I was just starting, but that thing got rid of more dirt in 30 minutes than the other one I had been using did in 4 hours. So hopefully this time tomorrow, we'll have a patio there... :)

3 comments:

Joshua Goodling said...

Better you than me :-).

I was outside yesterday for like 1/2 hour helping Adam and Adam's dad (well more watching than helping I guess) tie a matress and boxspring that I gave to Andrea and Adam onto their SUV...and it was HOT! I don't like being outside in the heat. I guess that's one of the main reasons I bought a condo - no outside work to do :-).

Matthew said...

LOL! I MUCH prefer hot to cold Joshua. I LOVE spring, summer and fall in GA! I HATE being cold though... :)

Petra said...

I'm with Matt - I hate being cold too. I don't go outdoors much in the winter, but spend quite a bit of time outdoors in the other seasons (except in Texas where the 110 degree heat slaps you in the face in the summer). I can't wait to move to WA. :)