Saturday, March 03, 2007

The 'Other' Room...

We have this room in our house, we call it the 'other' room, because it really serves no purpose... According to the woman who sold us the house, her dad built it, it was supposed to be a 'garage' for his volkswagon. I'm not sure how he was going to get it in there, but having 'fixed' many of the things he did, I'm sure he was insane. Anyway, we decided to turn the 'other' room into a room for the kids. We are going to have carpet installed next week, so I had many things to do. I'm not done yet, but I did get a lot done today.

The railing had to go...

New wall going up... (Yeah, I know the boards are crooked between the studs, I only put them there so I could have something to secure the cabinets to I am going to put on that wall :)

Finally up! The bitch of it was I had to move that HVAC vent, and what really sucked was I only had to move it over 3 inches... Oh well, it's done.

Tomorrow I'll rip down the lights and put up ceiling fans, install wainscoating, and paint (uggh - I HATE painting)... Will be nice once done though, and the kids will love it! So anyway, that's what I've been doing all day.


5 comments:

Petra said...

How long did it take you to build that wall and move the hvac? About an hour? I swear you build faster than anyone ever!!! LOL Can't wait to see the finished product - I'm sure the kids are going to love it!!! :) (p.s. are they still going to have the room - the one with the desks - downstairs as well?)

Petra said...

Oh yeah - and since when do you have anyone install anything? Why aren't you installing the carpet yourself? :)

Matthew said...

It didn't take that long Petra, a few hours maybe. It's all quite easy actually... :)

Umm... Carpet, I don't do carpet, although I can and used to do it for a living about 20 years ago... I'll let the pros do that for me. :)

Matthew said...

Yes, they will still have the room downstairs as well... :)

Tim said...

That's great Matt. We are going to add on to our house this summer, lord willing. just a small bit but it'll give more room. Also I want to seperate the boys in to their seperate rooms so they have more space.