Sunday, March 25, 2007

The New Patio...

Wow! I don't think I've done this much manual labor in 10 years... I will say though, it's one of the few projects I've started on the weekend and actually finished (almost that is, still have to fill in around it with dirt, then sow seed, hmm... Wonder when that will happen :)


Just about have it leveled... What a MAJOR chore...

Final leveling stage...

That compactor came in REAL handy, I had originally bought a hand tamper, yeah, I'll be taking that back, I never even used it, finally came to my senses and rented the real one...

Pavers all laid, Tanner helping me sweep the sand in the joints...

The (almost) finished product... Just have to get the yard back in shape!

We will get much enjoyment out of it though! We hang out outside ALL the time during the Spring, Summer and Fall... I'm glad it's done, but I'm exhausted now... :)

8 comments:

Joshua Goodling said...

That looks really good!!!

Matthew said...

Thanks! I'm trying to get up the strength to go take a shower, but can't seem to get out of my chair... :)

Matthew said...

It's in my blood I guess Titus...

Can't be idle... :)

Jackie said...

I think that runs in your family!! :D not to be idle :D

I can sit and do nothing for a few minutes and be just fine :D

Looks great, Matt!!! Great job! Did you and the boys do it on your own?? How fantastic!!

Tell Carolyn I said hello... she doing ok??

Matthew said...

Of course Jackie! :) I do most everything myself, with the exception of the major grading I had done, and Joe is installing new HVAC systems as I type actually... I just always figured, if someone else can do it, I can! :)


Thanks for the compliment! Carolyn is doing much better, she says hello!

Matthew said...

I actually finished this project this evening! Even planted a few shrubs on the left hand side... :)

Daniel said...

I just always figured, if someone else can do it, I can! :)

Good motto! I am looking forward to getting a new place and doing some minor (key word - MINOR :-)) home projects when we move to VA Beach.

Matthew said...

LOL Daniel! I wonder if our definitions of major and minor projects are the same... :)