Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving...

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! I'm kicking myself because I normally take tons of photos, but alas, I took very few this year... I think it is because the turkey just would NOT get done... :) We went shopping in the morning Thanksgiving day and got home too late, but the 'directions' said the bird would only take 4 and a half hours... Well, 5 hours later, the little timer had not popped out yet!! I finally started using the meat thermometer, when 5:30 rolled around, I was like, "You know, why does it HAVE to be 180 degrees?" It ended up working out okay though because Cory and Jessica did not arrive until about 5:15 and we ended up eating about 6:00.

We had the table set at about 3:00...

Tanner was 'supposed' to be taking pictures... :)

Dinner...

We had a great dinner and a good time though. I guess we will start decorating for Christmas tomorrow and then again on Sunday after church is out. I did actually have to go to the office on Thanksgiving day, but it was only for about 20 minutes... Had to cycle power on a server that was not cooperating remotely... Tis life... The kids all have their "Christmas lists" ready to go and laying on my desk... :) I made the mistake of going to the mall Wednesday, wow, it's almost nauseating... Of course I only go to the mall about 2 or 3 times a year... Luckily my kids know the meaning of the holidays! I think I may have mentioned this before, but it cracks me up. Chance is writing a story about how he murders Santa Clause because he has nothing to do with Christmas, his teacher seemed amused, I wonder if she really was? :)

3 comments:

Joshua Goodling said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I just got home from Texas and Petra's house. We had a VERY good dinner - Petra can cook quite well :-).

We surprised Andrea by secretly flying Adam down after me and Andrea flew down. That was worth the look on her face!

Email me the kids christmas' lists.

Matthew said...

I can imagine! I love surprises like that! :)

Glad you guys had a good holiday!

Petra said...

Happy Thanksgiving. We had a great one as well (and we didn't eat until 6 either). :)