Wednesday, November 01, 2006

42%...

There is that number yet again, confirming what some of us have known all along... According to a recent Harris Poll, 42% of Americans are not completely sure whether or not there is a God...

Which could explain I guess why nearly half of Americans vote Democratic... If people are not sure there is even a God, then it would explain why they could care less about some of the issues pointed out by Daniel's recent post: Vote Nov. 7 & Vote RED!

It's astounding reading some people's opinions on the topic of whether or not there is a God, but this one takes the cake I think: There is no God...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that man is living in a dream world. "I don't need heaven," he says. Hmm, I doubt he'll be saying that ten seconds after his body dies.

Matthew said...

It is amazing, when I read stuff like that, it always reminds me of this verse:

Luke 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Tim said...

I remember when they read that one on NPR. It was quite sad.

Petra said...

Wow. I agree with Timberly; it's just sad.

Where are they conducting these "polls"? Because out of all the people I've ever known, I think I can count on my fingers the number of people I've known that did not believe in God. 42% seems high. I know there are MANY people who do not act like a Christian should, but I thought there were more that believed in the existence of God.

Petra said...

Three days???

Matthew said...

Yeah, three days until the election... :)

LOL... When I first read your comment, that is actually what I thought, and I was wondering what the question marks were for... :)

My kids gave me a cold on Tuesday, and I've felt like shit until today...

Petra said...

Ugh... nice. I hate being sick. Darby is sick today; I hope no one else gets it!! I'm glad you are starting to feel better! :)